Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something very very wrong , almost sinister going on at Man United.

The players they are re signing to contracts and the money they are spending and on who, it’s just weird.

Wan Bissaka is a young lad who will literally very easily slip in to the same rut the rest of them are in, he’ll be mates with Lingard and Pogba , and Lukaku straight away and his head will not be right for title challenging football.

The manager doesn’t have an ounce of control over them, none of them are desperate to play for the club, Maguire isn’t going to be the one that turns that around, anything but.

Imagine Maguire having a go at Pogba, there’s no chance of it happening in a million years. They are an absolute farce of a club at the minute.

Wan Bissaka is a young lad who will literally very easily slip in to the same rut the rest of them are in, he’ll be mates with Lingard and Pogba , and Lukaku straight away and his head will not be right for title challenging football.
Conversely he'll absolutely hate Mata, eat chicken on Tuedays and write home at least once a week.

Something very very wrong , almost sinister going on at Man United.

The players they are re signing to contracts and the money they are spending and on who, it’s just weird.

The manager doesn’t have an ounce of control over them, none of them are desperate to play for the club, Maguire isn’t going to be the one that turns that around, anything but.

Imagine Maguire having a go at Pogba, there’s no chance of it happening in a million years. They are an absolute farce of a club at the minute.

Wan Bissaka is a talent, he’ll certainly strengthen their 1st 11. Lukaku will be gone, probably Pogba too. Bringing the likes of Maguire in, overpriced, yes but he’ll improve their CD loads. De Gea looks like he’s staying. Their defence will be looking quite strong. They are gonna be spending huge amounts, especially if Pogba goes. Think you’re being a bit premature with your writing them off.

Wan Bissaka is a talent, he’ll certainly strengthen their 1st 11. Lukaku will be gone, probably Pogba too. Bringing the likes of Maguire in, overpriced, yes but he’ll improve their CD loads. De Gea looks like he’s staying. Their defence will be looking quite strong. They are gonna be spending huge amounts, especially if Pogba goes. Think you’re being a bit premature with your writing them off.

I honestly think they will be lucky to even get near the top 4 next season.
Extending the contracts of Phil 'the face' Jones, Smalling, Ashley Young on more than decent wages is ludicrous business.
As other posters have pointed out the childish antics of Lingard, Rashford et al. along with a weak, puppet of manager is
not the recipe for success. Yep - they will spend bucket loads of cash in a desperate attempt to stay relevant but overall
they are a very poorly run football club.

I honestly think they will be lucky to even get near the top 4 next season.
Extending the contracts of Phil 'the face' Jones, Smalling, Ashley Young on more than decent wages is ludicrous business.
As other posters have pointed out the childish antics of Lingard, Rashford et al. along with a weak, puppet of manager is
not the recipe for success. Yep - they will spend bucket loads of cash in a desperate attempt to stay relevant but overall
they are a very poorly run football club.

They are in a mess.

And I don't see a quick fix or a fast way out of it to be honest.
Absolutely loving it! Hardly get a squeak out of the swamp dwellers these days.
How the tables have turned... ;-)

They have tried quick fix for 6 years. It happens to every club by and large. Just the stakes are so high these days. Like one day, you will need a new manager post Pep. Toss of a coin after him aint it?

They have tried quick fix for 6 years. It happens to every club by and large. Just the stakes are so high these days. Like one day, you will need a new manager post Pep. Toss of a coin after him aint it?

It is with all managers to some degree. However, if the rest of the club is run & organised on a stable and sustainable basis then the chances of
success are increased significantly. Pep will eventually leave and life will go on as the club and the fans will and always do.
If Ole goes (and he will) they will have had more managers than City in the last 10 years. If there is any club in the land that knows that
changing managers every couple of years doesn't work then its City. Then saying that Chelsea ain't done to bad with that philosophy have they?
Funny old game... ;-)

I'd be shocked if they finish anywhere close to the top 4 tbh, I see them on a very slippery slope judging by some of the players they are apparently targeting.

imo they need a new left back, right back, 2 centre backs, new centre mid, replacement for Rom and they don't exactly look threatening on the wings either.

I'd be massively disappointed as things stand if we don't finish above them

it's abu dhabi leaving that would concern Manchester City fans, not losing Pep. They won before him, they'll win after him. But the owner walks out, then they lose everything. Not suggesting they are going to by the way! It's just that they are far more important.

For Manchester United, for them to give the job to Ole in the first place, shows a level of incompetence that should frighten the life out of their fans.

They will not dominate until they get a structure in place, I think I am right in saying they don't even have a sporting director at the moment, so the transfers are getting the ok from a man who is an investment banker, and not a football man. (Woodward) It is just such a strange set up.

it's abu dhabi leaving that would concern Manchester City fans, not losing Pep. They won before him, they'll win after him. But the owner walks out, then they lose everything. Not suggesting they are going to by the way! It's just that they are far more important.

For Manchester United, for them to give the job to Ole in the first place, shows a level of incompetence that should frighten the life out of their fans.

They will not dominate until they get a structure in place, I think I am right in saying they don't even have a sporting director at the moment, so the transfers are getting the ok from a man who is an investment banker, and not a football man. (Woodward) It is just such a strange set up.

And long may their strange set up continue! :)

They don't lose everything. In the decade since the Sheikhs took over they've become the most successful PL club and a world power. That isn't going away even if the unlimited access to money does. They won't be as good but they won't be back to the old City overnight either.

They don't lose everything. In the decade since the Sheikhs took over they've become the most successful PL club and a world power. That isn't going away even if the unlimited access to money does. They won't be as good but they won't be back to the old City overnight either.

To be honest I was overstating it somewhat, so you are right that they won't just collapse! But when you think the money they have put into transfers themselves, the companies they own that supply so much sponsorship money and wages etc, it's unbelievable. And whereas the club would't collapse, it would be one major upheaval. They need to be successful in Europe to be really considered one of the real super powers in football though. They may be a world power financially, but at the very heart of football is success and recognition, and similar to how Chelsea where before they won in europe, there is always that something major lacking. PSG have the same issue. They won't be considered on the same vein as teams like Real Madrid, Juvenus, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Manchester United, Milan and Barcelona unless they make a splash in Europe. And Pep knows that more than anyone. They may not even be afterwards, not sure if Chelsea are really seen as being part of that group either.

Anyway, this isn't really relevant. The initial point was that as long as they are there as owners, they will carry on winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back