Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I was overstating it somewhat, so you are right that they won't just collapse! But when you think the money they have put into transfers themselves, the companies they own that supply so much sponsorship money and wages etc, it's unbelievable. And whereas the club would't collapse, it would be one major upheaval. They need to be successful in Europe to be really considered one of the real super powers in football though. They may be a world power financially, but at the very heart of football is success and recognition, and similar to how Chelsea where before they won in europe, there is always that something major lacking. PSG have the same issue. They won't be considered on the same vein as teams like Real Madrid, Juvenus, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Manchester United, Milan and Barcelona unless they make a splash in Europe. And Pep knows that more than anyone. They may not even be afterwards, not sure if Chelsea are really seen as being part of that group either.

Anyway, this isn't really relevant. The initial point was that as long as they are there as owners, they will carry on winning!
Well yes with that kind of money how can you lose. They're about to have both of the most expensive RBs ever. It's absurd.

Dortmund are trying not to play 2nd fiddle. This is why they have bought Schulz, Hazard, Brandt and Hummels this summer.

But it's a process. Dortmund have won the league and cup in the last decade, they have competed in europe every season for the last 8 years, Borussia Dortmund are a well run club doing things the right way. But the club doesn't have the sponsorship opportunites of Bayern that is for sure, so the money issue will be a 'thing'. A lot of that is to do with location by the way. Munich is in the richest state in the land. Dortmund is a blue-collar city in an industrial part of the country. It isn't glamorous, and it isn't rich in comparison.

It is what it is, we grow and develop the way the club knows best, and I think fans generally feel positive now, after 3 rather unsettled years when we went through 3 coaches in quick succession.
Geographically as well that Bayern really have no competiotion in Bavaria. No other decent clubs in Munich and only a couple of small clubs outside of Munich. The Rheinland area of Germany has lots of decent clubs like Dortmund, Gladbach, Cologne, Schalke, Leverkusen etc. There is really alot of competition of to attract sponsors and fans around that area of Germany.

They don't lose everything. In the decade since the Sheikhs took over they've become the most successful PL club and a world power. That isn't going away even if the unlimited access to money does. They won't be as good but they won't be back to the old City overnight either.

Not sure about most successful , might be Chelsea by a whisker.
In that period Chelsea have won 3 league titles,done the double and won 3 European trophies.

Chelsea probably have the best academy in the world , yet they buy shiny new toys every season, change managers like Katie Price drops her knickers and still keep winning.
Abramowich must have sold his soul to the devil.
We had s structure in place which would have borne fruit but once Dein left it all ended up in the hands of an all powerful manager.
Now he's gone they've wised up and got one together again but they left it late so we'll probably have to fight to get back to where we were,with less money.

I've got faith(Might be blind) that Emery can do it but for one or two positions the board will have to back him.
No 1 Do Not sell our 2 best assets the strikers. If we tighten up by even 10%, those 2 strikers can get us past either Chelsea or Spurs. Just so long as yourselves,Wolves or Leicester don't get a game-changer 20 goal a season striker, then we'd be screwed.

I'd be shocked if they finish anywhere close to the top 4 tbh, I see them on a very slippery slope judging by some of the players they are apparently targeting.

imo they need a new left back, right back, 2 centre backs, new centre mid, replacement for Rom and they don't exactly look threatening on the wings either.

I'd be massively disappointed as things stand if we don't finish above them

After realising letting Fergie pick a manager that keeps his own legacy in tact was a stupid idea they had a few options.
Back a big name manager and go for it or
Build from youth and academy with a young manager or
Mix of youth and experience with a Rafael type manager to maintain CL status.
They chose the 1st option in Mourinho and Van Gaal but then didn't back either of them like they wanted, then they went with option 2 with the wrong manager.
When Ole gets sacked(I'll be stunned if he sees Christmas in the old Trafford dugout), I reckon they'll try option 3 and wait to give the job to Enrique or Allegri in the summer of 2020.

it's abu dhabi leaving that would concern Manchester City fans, not losing Pep. They won before him, they'll win after him. But the owner walks out, then they lose everything. Not suggesting they are going to by the way! It's just that they are far more important.

For Manchester United, for them to give the job to Ole in the first place, shows a level of incompetence that should frighten the life out of their fans.

They will not dominate until they get a structure in place, I think I am right in saying they don't even have a sporting director at the moment, so the transfers are getting the ok from a man who is an investment banker, and not a football man. (Woodward) It is just such a strange set up.
City's owners are still there for now, it's what happens when they get bored.

Like abramovich is now, his had his fun having won everything he wanted to.
psg owners looking disinterested aswell, they had cavani, mbappe and neymar and still got nowhere near winning the cl.

In that period Chelsea have won 3 league titles,done the double and won 3 European trophies.

Chelsea probably have the best academy in the world , yet they buy shiny new toys every season, change managers like Katie Price drops her knickers and still keep winning.
We had s structure in place which would have borne fruit but once Dein left it all ended up in the hands of an all powerful manager.
Now he's gone they've wised up and got one together again but they left it late so we'll probably have to fight to get back to where we were,with less money.

I've got faith(Might be blind) that Emery can do it but for one or two positions the board will have to back him.
No 1 Do Not sell our 2 best assets the strikers. If we tighten up by even 10%, those 2 strikers can get us past either Chelsea or Spurs. Just so long as yourselves,Wolves or Leicester don't get a game-changer 20 goal a season striker, then we'd be screwed.
Meant purely domestically for the most successful bit. I really don't rate a lot of players that Arsneal rely on but those strikers are just so good it often doesn't matter. If you had real money to spend you'd be in business.

Erm we have one

Erm we have one

Put Vardy in our side and DCL in yours and we would finish alot further ahead than what we did this year same as Wolves with Jimenez.

I honestly think if we get even a 12-15 goal striker and someone out wide like Neres with Richarlison on the opposite flank we can really push the top 6.

Mind you we are all inconsistent outside the top 6.

Put Vardy in our side and DCL in yours and we would finish alot further ahead than what we did this year same as Wolves with Jimenez.

I honestly think if we get even a 12-15 goal striker and someone out wide like Neres with Richarlison on the opposite flank we can really push the top 6.

Mind you we are all inconsistent outside the top 6.
Obvious bias but I think we have the strongest squad out of the 3 of us. The players I'd take from yourselves and Wolves would be Neves, Jota, Jiminez, Bernard and Gomes when he signs. Hoping its a decent tussle between us next season as it seemed at times that none of us wanted that 7th place

Obvious bias but I think we have the strongest squad out of the 3 of us. The players I'd take from yourselves and Wolves would be Neves, Jota, Jiminez, Bernard and Gomes when he signs. Hoping its a decent tussle between us next season as it seemed at times that none of us wanted that 7th place

Digne/Pickford/Richarlison/Gomes/Gueye would waltz into your first eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back