Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked what I saw of him,only him and the 2 forwards looked decent,whats going on with the lack of £££,thought Arsenal were minted but Wenger wouldnt spend?

Huge contracts for a few players ,added with being too reliant on champions league plus sales have been very poor.
We sell Ospina who's played in champs league and came 2nd with Napoli for £4m and RS sell their bench warmers,kids for at least double.
Gazidis was kin' useless when it came to getting value or making a good sale.
By 1st of July they'll have freed up some £19m just from released players. If we sold Ozil as well, it would be £40m of our wage bill.

Short a miracle Lampard won't last 18 months at Chelsea. Be arsed with all this "he's a club legend and fans love him so he'll get time" bollocks, none of that has mattered to Abramovich before. He's not going to suddenly change now.

Mourinho - won 7 major trophies including 3 league titles across 2 spells and is the club's ATG manager, sacked.

Di Matteo, won them the CL yet 6 months later, sacked.

Ancelotti - won them a domestic double and had them 2nd the following year, sacked.

Scolari - had won a World Cup, sacked by Christmas.

AVB - young and fresh like Lampard, promised loads of time to implement changes, like Lampard, 8 months into the project, sacked.

Why Frankie Boy is going near it, especially so early into his mangerial career like this, is beyond me. It's job that can absolutely shred a manager's reputation.

I posted something similar a while back. He is doing a good job at Derby, he should stay and learn his trade. 1 year into management you haven't got the experience to take on that kind of position. Although I understand how tempting it is as you never know if the chance will come again.

The fans will probably give him a good crack so perhaps this might be part of an Abramovich masterplan to wind down the expectations, shielded because it is 'Frank'. Or they know with the transfer ban they can't get anyone they want so he is a stop gap.

Whatever it is I can't see it ending well.

I posted something similar a while back. He is doing a good job at Derby, he should stay and learn his trade. 1 year into management you haven't got the experience to take on that kind of position. Although I understand how tempting it is as you never know if the chance will come again.

The fans will probably give him a good crack so perhaps this might be part of an Abramovich masterplan to wind down the expectations, shielded because it is 'Frank'. Or they know with the transfer ban they can't get anyone they want so he is a stop gap.

Whatever it is I can't see it ending well.
Is he actually doing a "good" job though,they didnt really end up any better than last season,think he will be daft to take the Chelsea job this soon

iirc, he got Derby 6th. And beat Leeds in the play off semi. Then lost to Villa.

Stellar.
Just find it a very odd appointment if it happens mate,they could approach any manager and if it was Newcastle or WHU trying to poach him people would be laughing at them,strange in my eyes

Just find it a very odd appointment if it happens mate,they could approach any manager and if it was Newcastle or WHU trying to poach him people would be laughing at them,strange in my eyes

He’s a low risk / low cost replacement.

With their transfer ban and losing their only world class player, no big name manager is going to go there.

Frank goes there as a returning hero. If it works out everyone is happy. If not they can web him early doors at low cost and blame his inexperience.

He’s not stupid, he must realise this too.

He’s a low risk / low cost replacement.

With their transfer ban and losing their only world class player no big name manager is going there.

Frank goes there as a returning hero. If it works out everyone is happy, if not they can web him early doors at low cost and blame his inexperience.

He’s not stupid, he must realise this too.
He will be getting a Russian toecap up his ring piece by Crimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back