Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if theres any chance of Kante moving on in the next year or so. He's was completely wasted last year, by far the best player in his position in world football yet got moved out of position to accomodate someone not near as good as he.

Can’t wait to see the back of Pogba. Half of the issues with UTD have been making players understand they are players, and not the club.

Can’t wait to see the back of Pogba. Half of the issues with UTD have been making players understand they are players, and not the club.

I’d actually like to see him stay with them as long as possible. With him there we’ve got a much better chance of overtaking them. Although if he does leave, probably not much chance that circus will replace him with anyone better but they may strike lucky!

I’d actually like to see him stay with them as long as possible. With him there we’ve got a much better chance of overtaking them. Although if he does leave, probably not much chance that circus will replace him with anyone better but they may strike lucky!
I don’t believe him or Lukaku see footy as their primary goal anymore. That much financial muscle allows them to do whatever they want, once you remove their motivation to make money what else is there for these?

I don’t believe him or Lukaku see footy as their primary goal anymore. That much financial muscle allows them to do whatever they want, once you remove their motivation to make money what else is there for these?

I find it difficult to criticise them if I’m honest. How many people see being the best at their job as their primary goal in life? Footballers are human and are subject to the same life priorities we all have.

For me the turning point in my mindset was when I took my lad to a football coaching session every week. It was on a weekday evening and as I sat in the car park waiting for him I would see a stream of young boys no older than 14-15 years come by bus with their boots in hand. They’d come walking in week after week in all weather. All from humble backgrounds who have probably had to plead with their parent(s) to part with their limited cash to pay for the sessions. I bet their primary dreams are more likely to be to make a better life for themselves and their families and if they could do that by earning lots playing football then they’d work damn hard to realise that dream. Once that dream is fulfilled you can forgive them for thinking “don’t owe anyone anything and don’t have to now be treated as meat stock by greedy agents of this evil footballing monster”.

I find it difficult to criticise them if I’m honest. How many people see being the best at their job as their primary goal in life? Footballers are human and are subject to the same life priorities we all have.

For me the turning point in my mindset was when I took my lad to a football coaching session every week. It was on a weekday evening and as I sat in the car park waiting for him I would see a stream of young boys no older than 14-15 years come by bus with their boots in hand. They’d come walking in week after week in all weather. All from humble backgrounds who have probably had to plead with their parent(s) to part with their limited cash to pay for the sessions. I bet their primary dreams are more likely to be to make a better life for themselves and their families and if they could do that by earning lots playing football then they’d work damn hard to realise that dream. Once that dream is fulfilled you can forgive them for thinking “don’t owe anyone anything and don’t have to now be treated as meat stock by greedy agents of this evil footballing monster”.
Lukaku, as an example, was dirt poor as a kid. In a really racist town n all

Agreed. But the sentiments for fans should weigh heavily on footy players no matter what.

I wonder if theres any chance of Kante moving on in the next year or so. He's was completely wasted last year, by far the best player in his position in world football yet got moved out of position to accomodate someone not near as good as he.
With Sarri gone he won't be being played out of position next season

Joe Aribo free transfer to Rangers is a decent pick up actually.

Lee Bowyer is having a go at him over it apparently

"Bowyer blasted: “I worked so hard to get him to this situation he is in now. It is about progression for him.
“So it’s a shame if he gets pushed to somewhere where it is not going to benefit him in his football career. If he goes to Rangers that is not the right place for him to go for his football career.

“You have got Rangers and Celtic who are massive clubs, I get that. And I get that Steven Gerrard was a great player, so that’s an attraction. Those two things are the attraction – but not everything else.

“It doesn’t make sense on the football side. When people from England go and play for Celtic and Rangers it is at the end of their careers. That’s because it is very rare you get a move from Rangers to the Premier League, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that. "

Lee Bowyer is having a go at him over it apparently

"Bowyer blasted: “I worked so hard to get him to this situation he is in now. It is about progression for him.
“So it’s a shame if he gets pushed to somewhere where it is not going to benefit him in his football career. If he goes to Rangers that is not the right place for him to go for his football career.

“You have got Rangers and Celtic who are massive clubs, I get that. And I get that Steven Gerrard was a great player, so that’s an attraction. Those two things are the attraction – but not everything else.

“It doesn’t make sense on the football side. When people from England go and play for Celtic and Rangers it is at the end of their careers. That’s because it is very rare you get a move from Rangers to the Premier League, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that. "

He has a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back