Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
United undoubtedly need a centre back or 2 but 80 million just seems massively excessive. Absolutely brilliant in the air, great at bringing the ball out of defence, strong as an ox and a decent passer but I think his flaws will get exposed playing for United much more so than they did at Leicester.

United undoubtedly need a centre back or 2 but 80 million just seems massively excessive. Absolutely brilliant in the air, great at bringing the ball out of defence, strong as an ox and a decent passer but I think his flaws will get exposed playing for United much more so than they did at Leicester.
Just hope Leicester don’t spend this money too wisely as they’re building a great, young side

Just hope Leicester don’t spend this money too wisely as they’re building a great, young side
Amazed if they do with this clown as their DoF

congers.jpg

i'm still laughing at van dijk's price, he's a fraud, the biased media aren't going to make me change what my eyes can see. As goat said yesterday, he's not world class, he's playing in an era where there's hardly any good centre backs around now. Let's be honest, there's a genuine lack of top class strikers too, hence why most teams play with just one now.

It amazes me how scarce good strikers and defenders have become , not just CBs but even fullbacks whereas there are a lot of good midfielders and wingers . in the 90s early 2000s every top club used to field 2 top strikers plus have at least another on the bench .

Much more than Maguire that’s for sure.

The biggest problem for Leicester isn’t replacing him, it’s the fact that any player they go for, their club is gonna lob 10 mil onto the price, due to that 85mil burning a hole in their pocket.

and what pulling power do they have, gonna have to pay big wages to attract players

It amazes me how scarce good strikers and defenders have become , not just CBs but even fullbacks whereas there are a lot of good midfielders and wingers . in the 90s early 2000s every top club used to field 2 top strikers plus have at least another on the bench .

Imo, it’s down to the fact that being a natural defender in the youth set up at clubs seems to be looked down upon and they’d much rather try to convert young lads from wingers into fullbacks and midfielders into centre halves.

Natural defenders seem to be very much a thing of the past - hence why the good ones go for such stupid money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back