Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've never seen him play in a game.

Neither have I.

You're not a professional football scout or manager though - we'd never seen Mori play and he's turned out okay.

If Martinez is wiling to spend big money on a player, I'm more than willing to wait and see how it turns out, but I'm confident that he will be a good player for us.

What worries me the most is according to wikipedia he's shrunk 5cm since we've signed him. If he keeps shrinking at this rate then we could have another Francisco Junior on our hands.

To help us win if he's any good. If his 20 minutes are better than Kone's 20 minutes, there's your point right there. If he's not, then why did we spunk 13+mil on the feller? I'd like to keep winning matches if that's all right with you. He simply has to offer more than Kone, even if he can only offer it for 20 minutes.

So in his first game, not fully match fit at home losing 1-0 to West Brom, we are pinning our hopes on a lad whose never kicked a ball in the PL. 13m or not give the lad a fighting chance, Our home atmosphere hasn't exactly been great this season what with the results. Could have been a sure fire way of denting his confidence before he has even begun his career here.

I'm sure we will see him against Bournemouth.

You've never seen him play in a game.

Neither have I.

You're not a professional football scout or manager though - we'd never seen Mori play and he's turned out okay.

If Martinez is wiling to spend big money on a player, I'm more than willing to wait and see how it turns out, but I'm confident that he will be a good player for us.

You're absolutely right, and Martinez's track record with signings is very good, so I have some faith on that bit

Funes Mori - good bad reports from the likes of Tim Vickery, but thought he looked alright on what little footage was available of him

This guy though - ragged technique makes me very suspicious.

I'd be delighted to be wrong, but I am just very apprehensive based on the (admittedly very limited) available evidence

I can't help but just think he looks like he's someone who's blacked up.]

neazW.gif

Not seen him even kick a ball yet but love his attitude and interviews since joining. Fits the mould of the group in that he seems very outgoing for the community and younger supporters, buys in to the family ethos at the club and can't wait to get started in the blue colours.

Hoping he can be a bit of a player because hes got that likability about him that players like besic, oviedo, mori, naismith, del boy have/had.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...mar-niasse-from-senegal-to-the-premier-league

Everton's new striker Oumar Niasse says he's relishing the chance to play alongside Romelu Lukaku at Goodison Park, describing them as "a good combination".
Niasse who moved from Lokomotiv Moscow to Everton in the January transfer window in a £13.5m deal, says playing in the English Premier League is a "dream" move and "every striker " would want to play alongside Lukaku. The 25-year-old has 13 goals in 23 appearances for Lokomotiv this season and has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal.

Senegal striker Oumar Niasse has to thank ex-Premier League defender for his big break
Niasse knows the huge popularity of the Premier League back home and thinks he can only help the fan base of the Merseyside club:

"People were calling me when are you going to go to England, I know now Everton will win ten thousand fans because of me" back home in Senegal. "I'm going to make Everton to have part in Senegal and Senegal to have part in Everton". And how will he deal with the pressure and huge price tag? His friends and family have tried to give him some advice: "Keep working, don't have a big head, just stay calm".

So in his first game, not fully match fit at home losing 1-0 to West Brom, we are pinning our hopes on a lad whose never kicked a ball in the PL. 13m or not give the lad a fighting chance, Our home atmosphere hasn't exactly been great this season what with the results. Could have been a sure fire way of denting his confidence before he has even begun his career here.

I'm sure we will see him against Bournemouth.
There's a difference between pinning hopes and being a better option than Kone when we need a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back