Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think of any recent biggish signings that have been written off early on in their EFC careers only to prove the fans wrong?

Fellaini springs to mind. Wasn't overly impressed when I first saw him but he developed into an effective player for us. Can't think of many others. I think Lukaku described Niasse as powerful based on training. When players use adjectives like that you know they are clutching at straws. Good attacking players get described as good first touch, skillful quick feet etc. Powerful implies sh!t in my book.

Anyone think of any recent biggish signings that have been written off early on in their EFC careers only to prove the fans wrong?

Fellaini springs to mind. Wasn't overly impressed when I first saw him but he developed into an effective player for us. Can't think of many others. I think Lukaku described Niasse as powerful based on training. When players use adjectives like that you know they are clutching at straws. Good attacking players get described as good first touch, skillful quick feet etc. Powerful implies sh!t in my book.
I hope I'm proved wrong but looking at him I just don't see it,he looks totally out of place

Lukaku is powerful though and has probably been described as that?

If, as a few followers of the Russian league seem to think, he's a similar player to Saido Mane at Southampton, there will probably be occasions where we find ourselves accusing Niasse of winning a professional footballer's contract in a raffle.

I'm assuming he's been brought in as a bit of a wildcard, and that performances like Saturday's will be offset by games where he skins about eight defenders and bursts the net.

Still not sure why Martinez thought it would be a good idea to test out such a player - and go two up front for the first time since 'Nam - when down to ten men with 20 minutes left, though. What a madman.
He's seen enough of him in training to know is strengths and where he may fit in.

It wasn't a daft sub at the time, it made sense to replace Lennon with a pacey hard worker (not that that bit worked out) to keep a threat on the counter, offer a lashed outlet ball from defence and to stop their defenders moving ten yards up and squeeze the play.

It coincided with West Ham turning the game around sadly so is a convenient scapegoat.

Our failure to stop crosses was more of a reason for failure although it could be attributed to the tiredness with the man deficit for so long. Or inability to deal with the crosses on the box would be my biggest concern.

Other managers will have noted how piss poor we were at defending them.

He's seen enough of him in training to know is strengths and where he may fit in.

It wasn't a daft sub at the time, it made sense to replace Lennon with a pacey hard worker (not that that bit worked out) to keep a threat on the counter, offer a lashed outlet ball from defence and to stop their defenders moving ten yards up and squeeze the play.

It coincided with West Ham turning the game around sadly so is a convenient scapegoat.

Our failure to stop crosses was more of a reason for failure although it could be attributed to the tiredness with the man deficit for so long. Or inability to deal with the crosses on the box would be my biggest concern.

I rewatched the second half mate, and for the most part we did ok at closing down the crosses and not allowing them the time to get it in exactly where they wanted it.
However the last 15 minutes our legs were clearly going, didn't push out to the crossing player quickly enough and they had their time to put a ball into good areas and we were punished accordingly.
Not saying it was just that, but it certainly had a massive part to play.

I rewatched the second half mate, and for the most part we did ok at closing down the crosses and not allowing them the time to get it in exactly where they wanted it.
However the last 15 minutes our legs were clearly going, didn't push out to the crossing player quickly enough and they had their time to put a ball into good areas and we were punished accordingly.
Not saying it was just that, but it certainly had a massive part to play.
Understandably too. We'd played for forty minutes with a man disadvantage by then.

The latest collapse pained still like.

Finally abit of actual sense.. Instead of oh its Martinez fault!

We can't judge Niasse, the ones that are, are probably the same people who groaned at Lukaku last season which was the majority of Goodison tbh

I hope he comes off the bench for Lennon n scores the winner... I'll over react like most on here n say Greatest sub ever. Hahaha

I hope he comes off the bench for Lennon n scores the winner... I'll over react like most on here n say Greatest sub ever. Hahaha
Mr. Marsh please accept my apologies for believing we would win last Saturday by 5 goals to 1. You were near enough with your score of 1-2,
but you sound so flippant about our team, almost as if you don't care. I think that one of us in on drugs. Having said that, I think that we'll
beat Chelsea on Saturday 6-1.
I couldn't find the thread that we spoke on, so Niasse will have to do.

This thread is a joke, football is not for some of you, embarrasing.
Agreed in no way would I advocate wanting a new signing to start poorly but has history taught us nothing. We criticised arteta, pienarr, fellani, jags, baines, lescott when they first arrived & still we continue.

Let him settle & get full fitness Christ he has a two week old baby is in a new country & has played a competitive 90 minutes since early December.

Judging him on 15 mins is beyond laughable.

Judging his poor workrate over 15 mins is laughable? Why?

Sharpness, touch, etc I can completely overlook. Not working hard for 15 minutes I find a tad worrying

Not even remotely writing the lad off, just either he is so unfit that he can't put a shift in for 15 mins, he didn't want to or it's not in his nature

I find all three a bit worrying for differing reasons

Judging his poor workrate over 15 mins is laughable? Why?

Sharpness, touch, etc I can completely overlook. Not working hard for 15 minutes I find a tad worrying

Not even remotely writing the lad off, just either he is so unfit that he can't put a shift in for 15 mins, he didn't want to or it's not in his nature

I find all three a bit worrying for differing reasons

15 mins lad.....15 mins!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back