Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not passing comment on his ability because I haven't seen enough of him, but the fact that there didn't even appear to be a thought of bringing him on yesterday is definitely worrying.

If you're playing a winger and a midfielder up top rather than turning to the clubs 3rd most expensive signing ever, it does make you wonder why. I hope to god this isn't another kroldrup situation.

Not passing comment on his ability because I haven't seen enough of him, but the fact that there didn't even appear to be a thought of bringing him on yesterday is definitely worrying.

If you're playing a winger and a midfielder up top rather than turning to the clubs 3rd most expensive signing ever, it does make you wonder why. I hope to god this isn't another kroldrup situation.
I feel he's probably going to get time away from home first. Think everyone is aware the atmosphere at home is unforgiving at the moment particularly with certain players. I'm starting to think that's why he took his time introducing Robles

I feel he's probably going to get time away from home first. Think everyone is aware the atmosphere at home is unforgiving at the moment particularly with certain players. I'm starting to think that's why he took his time introducing Robles
Not sure about that. We're talking about a manager who has been happy to play stones at right back despite him clearly being massively uncomfortable there, asked 2 veteran centre halves in jagielka and distin to complete overhaul the way they play and made them look a bit silly by doing things they're not good at, and caused Barkley to have blue murder screamed at him every week by playing him as a left winger for half a season.

I don't see why he would have suddenly decided to save a player from that type of situation, and the very fact that he may believe the crowd would get on the new lads back is worrying in itself. If he came on and made an impact he'd be an instant hero, so it would effectively be saying he felt there was no chance of that happening, and more chance that he would be a disaster and get the crowd off side.

Not sure about that. We're talking about a manager who has been happy to play stones at right back despite him clearly being massively uncomfortable there, asked 2 veteran centre halves in jagielka and distin to complete overhaul the way they play and made them look a bit silly by doing things they're not good at, and caused Barkley to have blue murder screamed at him every week by playing him as a left winger for half a season.

I don't see why he would have suddenly decided to save a player from that type of situation, and the very fact that he may believe the crowd would get on the new lads back is worrying in itself. If he came on and made an impact he'd be an instant hero, so it would effectively be saying he felt there was no chance of that happening, and more chance that he would be a disaster and get the crowd off side.
Probably has in mind who will fit in with his plans and who won't. And Stones did arrive as a right back and was playing when the atmosphere was less hostile.
Jags and Distin were hardly inexperienced. Barkley he did show a lot of trust to come through it. And is a different class. I can easily imagine Robles and Niasse appear more fragile in their confidence.
On the other hand he could have also learnt a bit from what's happened

First hat trick will see a few backtracking a little, then they'll be back calling him a waste of money if he doesn't score the following week
I believe the lad deserves a prolongued shot, but that sentence above could easily apply to Kone!
I find it very very strange he has't been stretching his legs for the u21's. This can't be doing his match fitness any good.

I believe the lad deserves a prolongued shot, but that sentence above could easily apply to Kone!
I find it very very strange he has't been stretching his legs for the u21's. This can't be doing his match fitness any good.
The reserve leagues are a big miss for me. He's obviously meant to bring something different and is going to suffer in comparison to Rom. Just hope that doesn't spill over into writing him off. We do need options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back