Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long will it take for him to be fit? It's end of March and we've seen a few mins of playing time. No judgement about his ability whatsoever but what are the medical staff doing? 13 mill and the impact has been zero because we're not putting him out on the pitch.

HE's utter pony* and needs sending to the glue factory!!

*I base this on the 26 minutes he has played for us and all he other games sat on the bench

Twitter, which has to be taken with a copious pinch of salt, has some rumours emanating that he's that bad the youngsters were laughing at him in training. That's got to be bull...

It's a very, very weird one ...

On the extremely rare occasions Kone actually looked like a footballer, we looked well better when attacking, because it benefited Lukaku having a second strong striker up alongside him. Of course, those rare occasions were literally about 3 games, but still.

So it puzzles me as to why Niasse isn't given a chance to forge a partnership with Lukaku.

That said, I have always thought Niasse will prove to be Lukaku's replacement (sad but true), so seeing as the latter is probably off soon, makes no odds if they forge a partership for literally 10 games.

How long will it take for him to be fit? It's end of March and we've seen a few mins of playing time. No judgement about his ability whatsoever but what are the medical staff doing? 13 mill and the impact has been zero because we're not putting him out on the pitch.

They're trying to teach him how to control a football so that RM isn't shown up for the complete fraud that he is.

He's our third most expensive signing of all time. I was kinda hoping he would be an automatic starter and one of our best players, obviously not immediately but when he's had time to settle. In the meantime I was hoping he would be an option of the bench.

You can't compare apples to apples fees from today versus even 5 years ago. We got £8 mil for Naismith for God's sake.

On the extremely rare occasions Kone actually looked like a footballer, we looked well better when attacking, because it benefited Lukaku having a second strong striker up alongside him. Of course, those rare occasions were literally about 3 games, but still.

So it puzzles me as to why Niasse isn't given a chance to forge a partnership with Lukaku.
It might be that our stubborn manager has seen enough of him in training and in his fleeting appearances on the pitch to realise he's just not got it.........

That said, I have always thought Niasse will prove to be Lukaku's replacement (sad but true), so seeing as the latter is probably off soon, makes no odds if they forge a partership for literally 10 games.
If Lukaku leaves, Niasse is his replacement and Martinez stays then we're getting relegated. No doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back