Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long will it take for him to be fit? It's end of March and we've seen a few mins of playing time. No judgement about his ability whatsoever but what are the medical staff doing? 13 mill and the impact has been zero because we're not putting him out on the pitch.
He hadn't played since mid December and to our knowledge he wasn't injured when the Russian winter break started. When you consider, players will still be training with their clubs or have an individual fitness program catered to their needs. It is now 2 months at the club, so I'm sorry it can't be a fitness issue, more like an ability issue. Don't know which scout (or was it the manager?) recommended we fork out 13m on the lad, but I hope he isn't still 'scouting' players for moshiri to spend his millions on this summer.

Maybe we had to buy him as part of the Moshiri deal seeing as Mr Mosh is very involved with Oligarchs. Favours.

* Taps nose ........ misses *

bunch of cry babies - even if he's not as good as first thought, we still get a lot more transfers right than wrong. give him a chance, 'kinell. Not all layers adapt to england as quickly as others etc.
That's true and we haven't really seen much of him as of yet so it is unfair to judge what his actual impact will be in the long term.

That's with my optimistic head on. On the other hand though, he's now been at the club for two months and we've seen very little of Niasse.

There seems to be very little signs that we'll see him soon and furthermore, what we have seen hasn't been too optimistic either.

So yes to write it him off is unfair, but doubts are growing and that is natural when you consider what the outlay was for his services.

There'll always be the argument for bringing him for the long term which I can understand, yet equally he'd have been helpful in the short term.

I'm not criticising Niasse nor am I dismissing him as a player as of yet. What I find annoying is that we've bought a player who clearly isn't ready.

He hadn't played since mid December and to our knowledge he wasn't injured when the Russian winter break started. When you consider, players will still be training with their clubs or have an individual fitness program catered to their needs. It is now 2 months at the club, so I'm sorry it can't be a fitness issue, more like an ability issue. Don't know which scout (or was it the manager?) recommended we fork out 13m on the lad, but I hope he isn't still 'scouting' players for moshiri to spend his millions on this summer.

He was not injured at the winter break and he reported back to Lokomotivs training injury free after the break as well, the club decided a few weeks after he arrived at us to send him for a surgery on his wrist - but thats somethign he has been playing with for a good whilst at Lokomotiv anyway - and was an elective surgery that could easily have been put off until the summer - the fact he didn't bother sorting it on the winter break in Russia shows how minor a problem it was.

As for the witner break mate - they basically have 4-5 weeks off then report back to an intensive training camp and play a shed load of friendlies to get themselves back up to speed before the break finishes, in reality he had a break about the same equivalent as a player would have should they have had a hamstring injury as a layoff before we bought him - and don't know about you but i'd expect a player coming off a 6 week layoff through injury to have started to be featured again 2 months + after he had recovered...

People at the club have definitely not liked what they have seen from him in training since he arrived over these two months, those Lukaku comments after seeing him in training the first week are looking ominous now though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back