Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really don't get this at all. He's a professional football player. Even if they were on their winter break, how, on Earth, is it two months later he's still only HALF fit?

This isn't an indictment of Niasse, i am just really really confused by this whole ordeal completely.
The whole winter break thing is a bit of a red herring in my opinion. If he was still playing in Russia he'd have been back playing at the beginning of march when the season restarted, so the idea that he can't be fit an entire month later due to the break just doesn't add up.

If a player's only at 50% there after 2 months of training and a few run outs then something's seriously wrong.

Didn't we sign Traore in January too? and a fat Aiden McGeady?

Lennon aside, he needs to stick to buying players in the summer, January spending isn't his strong suit.

He may well turn out to be great and obviously I hope he does, but to me, his problem in his very brief cameos so far doesn't seem to be fitness. He just 'looks' crap!

Martinez in basically admitting they've brought in an absolute donkey.

Ah well, you win some, you lose some. Luckily we're rich now so the mistake doesn't hurt as much as it would have done before.

'kin 'ell 1/2 hour played and taking his time adapting to a complete new country and stronger league after being on his jollybobs before joining and everyone is writing him off, really strange thread. He may turn out poo but nobody knows yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back