Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a player who costed £13.5m would play sooner rather than later and has a massive impact on the team. Third highest transfer fee this club have ever paid...

I expect a player who costed £13.5m would play sooner rather than later and has a massive impact on the team. Third highest transfer fee this club have ever paid...

You can't compare that money to anything we done in the past. It's silly to do that. It's slightly more than peanuts in today's market. Steven Naismith went for £8 million!

I've been saying "let's see him play a bit before properly judging" yet the club feeling the need to defend him when there hasn't really been any massively glaring problem* apart from lack of minutes-on-pitch strikes me as a little odd.

*I'm talking Per-Krolrup-can't-play-football level problem

He's never played in the Premier League before though.

It takes a bit to get used to it.

You can't compare that money to anything we done in the past. It's silly to do that. It's slightly more than peanuts in today's market. Steven Naismith went for £8 million!

I just cannot agree with you. £13.5m is a hell of money for this club especially he is bought before the new boss came in. No it's not peanuts. You can't compare him with Nais either cos Nais has been playing in PL for a couple of seasons.

I don't expect him to play 20 odd mins of PL footie only in 2 months.

And getting used to it will require him actually starting a game or three.

Say, why not try 4-4-2 and play him and Lukaku? Genuinely, no sarcasm is intended, I mean it as a genuine thought. Can't do any worse than whatever formations we tried against Arsenal at various points.

Yes I understood. He needs time. My point is I was expecting a big money player to hit the ground in a timely fashion because of his price tag.

Say, why not try 4-4-2 and play him and Lukaku? Genuinely, no sarcasm is intended, I mean it as a genuine thought. Can't do any worse than whatever formations we tried against Arsenal at various points.

No idea Groucho.

Its a managerial thing. Perhaps we will see him or not.

Literally have no idea why he's not played more. Other than Lukaku being in form.

I just cannot agree with you. £13.5m is a hell of money for this club especially he is bought before the new boss came in. No it's not peanuts. You can't compare him with Nais either cos Nais has been playing in PL for a couple of seasons.

I don't expect him to play 20 odd mins of PL footie only in 2 months.

The TV money has changed the transfer market. £13.5 mil is slightly more than peanuts.

I've wondered this.

Martinez has played two strikers before. Kone & Lukaku... Naismith & Lukaku

It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Martinez, so there must be something else at play here.

Either his fitness is atrocious (which I find hard to believe) or he isn't impressing during training.

Need another striker to play left wing though.

Regardless of the money spent, he was bought for the first team, and there's no sign he's anywhere near it, not even appearing for u21's. Fitness means you won't last the 90, not that you'll lose all natural ability!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back