Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bebe. Signed by the most successful manager in English football.

Albert Luque for Newcastle. Mitroglu at Fulham, Bosko Balaban for Villa. Coraddo Grabbi at Blackburn, Savio Nsereko at West Ham, Various Liverpool players off the top of my head. And thats before going into players who were actually good but just didnt fit into their side for various reasons (Veron, Shevchenko etc) or looking abroad.

All cost loads of money, all massive flops, some of which played as little as Niasse did for us.
You've reeled off an impressive list of [Poor language removed] there, at a moment's notice, so credit where it is due.
That being said, it's clear you don't have a grasp of how poor Niasse is - you think he is like Luque, Mitroglu, or Balaban - terrible signings, but not terrible players [each of them can play football]. When Niasse came on against West Ham people were gasping at his badness, I mean it was shock and awe, no one could understand it.

He is in the company of Bebe [prob Savio as well, never seen him play] - players who are signed a league or two above their ability. He's a poorer player than Bebe, objectively speaking, and his signing is in a different dimension as he is the third most expensive player in our history.

You've reeled off an impressive list of [Poor language removed] there, at a moment's notice, so credit where it is due.
That being said, it's clear you don't have a grasp of how poor Niasse is - you think he is like Luque, Mitroglu, or Balaban - terrible signings, but not terrible players [each of them can play football]. When Niasse came on against West Ham people were gasping at his badness, I mean it was shock and awe, no one could understand it.

He is in the company of Bebe [prob Savio as well, never seen him play] - players who are signed a league or two above their ability. He's a poorer player than Bebe, objectively speaking, and his signing is in a different dimension as he is the third most expensive player in our history.

Thats more to do with the fact that we never spent big until recently though. Wasnt Kone in the top 10 until recently?

Niasse is nowhere near as bad as people make out, he simply cant be otherwise he wouldnt be in the game at the level he is (even before us) but we judged him after a couple of minutes. he is obviously not the most technically gifted (to put it mildly) but he seems to be a good athlete who can put the ball in the back of the net when the chance arises. people are acting like he picked the ball up with his hands and ran towards the goal or something when he came on for us. He came in to a comically bad side who had given up the ghost months before so I find it hard to judge him at all really. (This is not me saying he is good, deserves a chance etc by the way!)

I would easily put Niasse in the same group as Mitroglu and Balaban, players who did well in a lower standard league but couldnt do a job over here. Clubs will always take a chance on players like that. As I keep saying, it happens, its not a rarity in football.

Niasse IS George Weah's cousin.

Thats more to do with the fact that we never spent big until recently though. Wasnt Kone in the top 10 until recently?

Niasse is nowhere near as bad as people make out, he simply cant be otherwise he wouldnt be in the game at the level he is (even before us) but we judged him after a couple of minutes. he is obviously not the most technically gifted (to put it mildly) but he seems to be a good athlete who can put the ball in the back of the net when the chance arises. people are acting like he picked the ball up with his hands and ran towards the goal or something when he came on for us. He came in to a comically bad side who had given up the ghost months before so I find it hard to judge him at all really. (This is not me saying he is good, deserves a chance etc by the way!)

I would easily put Niasse in the same group as Mitroglu and Balaban, players who did well in a lower standard league but couldnt do a job over here. Clubs will always take a chance on players like that. As I keep saying, it happens, its not a rarity in football.
I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but I think Niasse is maybe a bit worse than you're suggesting (from my limited viewings of him).

Mitroglou is a genuinely good player, his career is on a completely different level to Niasse's, and he's currently banging them in for fun at a top level club. I'd say he was more of a Kroldrup type failure - a good player just not suited to the team/league. Niasse looks like a generally poor footballer to me. His touch, awareness, finishing all look sub standard at this level.

Where I agree is that some people seem to have elevated him to mythically comically bad standards, as if he's not capable of putting one foot in front of the other. Nobody should be surprised that he can have a half decent shot on target like the one he had yesterday, he's a professional footballer for God's sake. We could put someone like Delial Brewster or Antony Evans in for a few games and they would no doubt have the odd moment like that where they looked promising because they do have talent, but the truth is their current level is League 2/Conference.

I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but I think Niasse is maybe a bit worse than you're suggesting (from my limited viewings of him).

Mitroglou is a genuinely good player, his career is on a completely different level to Niasse's, and he's currently banging them in for fun at a top level club. I'd say he was more of a Kroldrup type failure - a good player just not suited to the team/league. Niasse looks like a generally poor footballer to me. His touch, awareness, finishing all look sub standard at this level.

Where I agree is that some people seem to have elevated him to mythically comically bad standards, as if he's not capable of putting one foot in front of the other. Nobody should be surprised that he can have a half decent shot on target like the one he had yesterday, he's a professional footballer for God's sake. We could put someone like Delial Brewster or Antony Evans in for a few games and they would no doubt have the odd moment like that where they looked promising because they do have talent, but the truth is their current level is League 2/Conference.

Yeah thats fair enough though I would say the Portuguese league is no better than the Russian league.

I'd love to know what really went on in regards to this transfer.

Who scouted him?
Did we watch him live?
How often did we watch him?
Did roberto watch him?
What background checks were done?
Who negotiated the deal?
Who sanctioned the deal?
Who received what monies?
How were the monies paid?
Who carried the can?

Answers on a post card.

The lad didn't choose his transfer fee, we offered and he made the move. The lad comes across really well in that interview, he just wants to get his head down and play football. I don't see what we achieve by constantly ridiculing the lad, how he performs for Hull City is not of massive concern for me - obviously I hold some interest as he is still on our books but I wouldn't go out of my way to take the piss out of him.

I didn't watch the whole game yesterday but I can say that a - I've seem plenty of players make wild shots like the one highlighted, I've some fantastic players take a shot which has gone out for a throw in. b - for the Chelsea goal, can any of you actually prove that he didn't get a shout from a team mate, hence he ducked? No you can't. It might that he is that bad he ducked but it might not be.

To be honest, I don't think he is good enough for the premiership but I don't quite understand our fans obsession with him failing.

I cant really blame the bloke for not wanting to be on the end of Gary Cahills head all things considered.

I'd love to know what really went on in regards to this transfer.

Answers on a post card.

Who scouted him?: Martinez and Jones.
Did we watch him live?: Probably not.
How often did we watch him?: Does re-watching the same YouTube video over and over count?
Did roberto watch him?: Does watching him on YouTube count?
What background checks were done?: A quick look on Football Manager and Wikipedia was made to ensure that he was real.
Who negotiated the deal?: Big Al' from the Pub.
Who sanctioned the deal?: Martinez.
Who received what monies?: This is the real question.
How were the monies paid?
Who carried the can?

Because it's a way for people to channel their Martinez hate

It was the same with Cleverley

He was a player prominently signed by Martinez, and Martinez made the mistake of being overly flowery about his relatively average talents

I think it's more to do with the fact that none of us have ever seen a footballer quite as bad as Big Oumar in our lives and we're just dumfounded by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back