Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't signed him - that would be magical thinking. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

It's just a cheap roll of the dice for them this season. Almost certainly going down, but maybe the ball might bounce off Oumar's aris into the net once or twice.

Please feel free to name a worse signing in the history of association football, Papa Shango. It will be difficult, as Oumar is so bad that two managers in succession refused to even play him. Most of the appalling signings of the premiership are already ahead of Oumar as they actually played some games.

They haven't signed him - that would be magical thinking. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

It's just a cheap roll of the dice for them this season. Almost certainly going down, but maybe the ball might bounce off Oumar's aris into the net once or twice.

Please feel free to name a worse signing in the history of association football, Papa Shango. It will be difficult, as Oumar is so bad that two managers in succession refused to even play him. Most of the appalling signings of the premiership are already ahead of Oumar as they actually played some games.

Bebe. Signed by the most successful manager in English football.

Albert Luque for Newcastle. Mitroglu at Fulham, Bosko Balaban for Villa. Coraddo Grabbi at Blackburn, Savio Nsereko at West Ham, Various Liverpool players off the top of my head. And thats before going into players who were actually good but just didnt fit into their side for various reasons (Veron, Shevchenko etc) or looking abroad.

All cost loads of money, all massive flops, some of which played as little as Niasse did for us.

As I said it happens, and it happens a lot more than people seemingly realize. Its a bad signing that didn't work out for seemingly multiple reasons. We need to move on from it and stop crying into our Chang about it. Its rubbish that it happened but that's football, why are we so outraged by it all?

Hull fans thinking he's good means nothing. They are going down and more likely to go down again than come back up. They are a shower so obviously have lesser expectations. He does things that make you LOL. That's fine in league 2 or in the Saturday morning park league but not in the premier league for frig sake.

As I said it happens, and it happens a lot more than people seemingly realize. Its a bad signing that didn't work out for seemingly multiple reasons. We need to move on from it and stop crying into our Chang about it. Its rubbish that it happened but that's football, why are we so outraged by it all?

Because it's a way for people to channel their Martinez hate

It was the same with Cleverley

He was a player prominently signed by Martinez, and Martinez made the mistake of being overly flowery about his relatively average talents

Hull fans thinking he's good means nothing. They are going down and more likely to go down again than come back up. They are a shower so obviously have lesser expectations. He does things that make you LOL. That's fine in league 2 or in the Saturday morning park league but not in the premier league for frig sake.

Of course it means something, if they want the club to sign him its beneficial to us. But being Everton we feel the need to go onto one of their fan websites and slate the player even though they seem somewhat happy with him (for some reason) to the point of having a proper argument with some of them.

Its weird behavior.

Exactly

But he went OTT with it, so when he left the knives were out for poor Tommy Clev

All Niasse will be for the next few years will be a stick to beat Martinez with, until people either gain some perspective or just plain forget about him

Oh don't get me wrong, I get the reasons why. I just think its a bit weird. Some fans (not even close to all obviously..) seem to think its more important to be seen as being right than whats good for the club.

Bit rich for fans to have a go at someone being OTT about a players ability though really. The likes of Mori, Barkley, Besic etc have swung from being the best player in the world ever to the footballing equivalent of Beelzebub himself on a weekly basis.

Its just human nature.

I get all that mate, and I agree with you, its just that sometimes it feels that its a competition as to who can [Poor language removed] him off the most, admittedly, more on twitter than here, but it just makes me uncomfortable. I hope he does find his level and enjoys his football, just that it wont be with us as we require better footballers. The lad didn't choose his fee, but he's constantly judged on it. Not sure if anybody else saw his press conference the other day, but he handled the questions excellently and regardless of everything that's gone on, he just wants to do his best.

The lad didn't choose his transfer fee, we offered and he made the move. The lad comes across really well in that interview, he just wants to get his head down and play football. I don't see what we achieve by constantly ridiculing the lad, how he performs for Hull City is not of massive concern for me - obviously I hold some interest as he is still on our books but I wouldn't go out of my way to take the piss out of him.

I didn't watch the whole game yesterday but I can say that a - I've seem plenty of players make wild shots like the one highlighted, I've some fantastic players take a shot which has gone out for a throw in. b - for the Chelsea goal, can any of you actually prove that he didn't get a shout from a team mate, hence he ducked? No you can't. It might that he is that bad he ducked but it might not be.

To be honest, I don't think he is good enough for the premiership but I don't quite understand our fans obsession with him failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back