2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 2016
Oumar: I like to play in a team with where the best players play in their best positions, pass the ball forward and score goals - I like to play football!
Ronald: If you like to play football you need to leave Everton.

September 2017
Oumar: Alright then, I'll try Ronkoball.
Ronald: Okay.

egg-on-face.jpg

someone shop this on niasse's locker

As i said at the time mate we signed him, first season in Russia he was shoehorned in on the left wing, he is not and never will be technical enough to play on the wing and contribute, and for all his many faults etc, one thing the lad does have is determination and pace
And finishing! If we had bolasie & Coleman back with Siggy or Klaasen in the hole, I think he'd do really well.

I don't think he is the solution to all our problems up front. He will no doubt have matches where his first touches all go astray and he gets called offside five or six times.

But his first touch and composure for the first goal alone, never mind his work rate and movement, is more than enough to indicate that something very strange and unfortunate went on with him and Koeman at the start of last year, and that this was a mistake.

I am so happy for him - he could not have handled himself any better throughout all of this. Felt like doing the Ferguson dance myself yesterday morning at the pub.

He needs his own song now, and it should be some sort of apology ballad.

(To "Don't You Want Me Baby")
Oumar, we're so sorry,
Koeman should be too!

I don't think he is the solution to all our problems up front. He will no doubt have matches where his first touches all go astray and he gets called offside five or six times.

But his first touch and composure for the first goal alone, never mind his work rate and movement, is more than enough to indicate that something very strange and unfortunate went on with him and Koeman at the start of last year, and that this was a mistake.

I am so happy for him - he could not have handled himself any better throughout all of this. Felt like doing the Ferguson dance myself yesterday morning at the pub.

He needs his own song now, and it should be some sort of apology ballad.

(To "Don't You Want Me Baby")
Oumar, we're so sorry,
Koeman should be too!

Spot on Ab, we still need further competition upfront but the rejuvenation of Oumar will do for now.

I watched the first goal from amateur footage on youtube, Niasse's workrate and tenacity in winning back the ball, his intuative precise lay off and one two, his inteligent running towards the box while looking for the return of the ball and finally his natural eye for goal, this isn't a jammy flash in the pan joker.

I don't know if the full behind the scene story will ever come out but's let's just sit back and enjoy the Oumar renaissance and hope it lasts for a good while yet.

Good on yer son keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back