2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good managers like Silva have the ability to improve players, I also think Unsworth is a very good coach who has demonstrated the same ability.

The most impressive thing (or one of them) about Unsworth is that the lads he's worked with seem to have a brilliant attitude - and given the number who have moved on or broken into the team - both categories of player shows that he's instilling a real desire in them to play football rather than sit picking up their wages and thinking they have already made it cos they have a contract earning them for a teenager an absolute fortune.

Can he translate that into managing a group of 25-30 yo players who have massive ego's etc, only time will show, some people are made for coaching not management so to speak, Harvey being the classic example of that

The most impressive thing (or one of them) about Unsworth is that the lads he's worked with seem to have a brilliant attitude - and given the number who have moved on or broken into the team - both categories of player shows that he's instilling a real desire in them to play football rather than sit picking up their wages and thinking they have already made it cos they have a contract earning them for a teenager an absolute fortune.

Can he translate that into managing a group of 25-30 yo players who have massive ego's etc, only time will show, some people are made for coaching not management so to speak, Harvey being the classic example of that
Just promoting him to the 1st team coaching group will help I think. Like Harvey though don't think he's a manager.

He's tough, demanding but also gives plenty of encouragement. I don't know if he can be a successful senior coach but he looks to have all the attributes to me. I really think we should give him a go.

He's tough, demanding but also gives plenty of encouragement. I don't know if he can be a successful senior coach but he looks to have all the attributes to me. I really think we should give him a go.

Impartially i wouldn't mate, because i am sure Koeman would have him sticking up cones - he has his own team he brought with him already, so all that would happen is you would lose his influence on the young lads he's currently working with, and not gain anything substantially on the senior side of things.

NOW with a different manager who came in and WANTED him in the coaching set up then it'd be a different prospect

Reactions: JLW
Koeman bought Mane and he was a key factor to the success he had at Soton.

Now I'm not saying he is at Mane's level, but I see similarities, Niasse could develop into a very useful player, I bet this morning Koeman is thinking the same, and wondering why he didn't take a good look at him last season, apparently the coaches here told Koeman Niasse was dogturd and he obviously took their word on it.
Les Reed bought Mane not Koeman.

Impartially i wouldn't mate, because i am sure Koeman would have him sticking up cones - he has his own team he brought with him already, so all that would happen is you would lose his influence on the young lads he's currently working with, and not gain anything substantially on the senior side of things.

NOW with a different manager who came in and WANTED him in the coaching set up then it'd be a different prospect
Yeah sorry I didn't make myself clear. By senior coach I meant actually in charge of the first team like Koeman is.

Just promoting him to the 1st team coaching group will help I think. Like Harvey though don't think he's a manager.

I think this would be crazy personally.

He is doing a brilliant job in his current role. A job that should hopefully feed us young hungry players for years.

Leave him where he is!

Anyone else notice duncs celebration, Koeman and his boys didn't seem too happy about it.
That's what I'd like to see from a manager, Rather than a glum faced one. But I suppose Niasse had just made him look very stupid for disregarding him for so long, if Koeman wants to keep his well paid job he wants to get use to writing Niasse on his team sheet, I bet it's been hard for him doing that, like Jim Carey on liar liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back