2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry mate but there's very little to back koeman in terms of how he handle niasse.

7 league goals in 5 u23 last season. Is that not good enough to play the role of Valencia? This guy is simple overlook and treated badly.

We win every under 23s game about twelve nil, why not just sell the whole senior squad and put them in against Burnley ?

Reading all the twitter feeds yesterday and 1 thing strikes you. When this lad first turned up the whole club including the youth teams where laughing at his inadequacies. yesterday, not only has this lad won over the crowd, the players have all seem to have taken to him massively, even the lads kept on the bench or just out the team. (stay humble,work hard, engage with the fans and keep a positive atitude) the everton way to success.

That sounds about right to me. He's scored two top draw goals in two games, I don't think he's fluking them.
Plenty of players start out crap and come good, Martinez saw a raw talent and took a punt on him, he must have seen something in him.

He's been slotting all over the U23's and that's a good standard, maybe he just needed time.

I think Sandro is another raw talent that will develop into a good player given a season to settle.

We win every under 23s game about twelve nil, why not just sell the whole senior squad and put them in against Burnley ?

Valencia role is not first team starting striker in case you haven't notice. You're giving an extreme example to justify koeman reluctant to even look at niasse. And we did not win 12 nil every game.

He's scored 3 goals in two substitute appearances. We need to give him a chance for the next few months as we are hardly scoring for fun at the moment. Maybe he isn't good enough but who knows. He's done alright with the limited opportunities he's had with us and a very poor hull side. Give him some proper gametime up until January and an actual go at it, he's earnt that.

I get the point you are making and it may or may not be correct regarding training. But ultimately it doesn't matter because as a manager you should be watching the player in competitive matches as well. That's part and parcel of your job. If he's not doing that then he's not a good manager. There's no way that Koeman warrants a free pass on his treatment and judgement of Niasse.
Agreed. But I think Niasse is a really weird player to work out. We bought him on the strength of his performances playing for Lokomotiv Moscow, but when he got to Everton, he looked like he'd never played the game in his life. Martinez didn't see anything in training that justified him getting a game. Problem with that was, when he did give him game time, it was actually painful to watch. Koeman has come in, and probably seen the same thing in training, and thought "no way is this guy good enough" - So I can't really blame him for wanting to get rid of him. After playing at U23 level, and his time at Hull, Koeman was probably as surprised as the rest of us. In pre-season, Niasse may have been poor again, and Koeman probably thought "Nah. Nothing has changed. He's still not good enough".

I can forgive Koeman for getting the enigma that is Oumar Niasse, wrong. His team selections, on the other hand.....

Is there anyway we can blame Lukaku for this?

Niasse looks decent for Lokomotiv Moscow - No Lukaku
Niasse is terrible for Everton - Lukaku
Niasse plays for U23s, and bangs them in for fun - No Lukaku
Niasse plays for Hull and looks decent - No Lukaku
Niasse scores three goals in two games (coming off the bench) - No Lukaku

..just saying like

Koeman bought Mane and he was a key factor to the success he had at Soton.

Now I'm not saying he is at Mane's level, but I see similarities, Niasse could develop into a very useful player, I bet this morning Koeman is thinking the same, and wondering why he didn't take a good look at him last season, apparently the coaches here told Koeman Niasse was dogturd and he obviously took their word on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back