2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
egg-on-face.jpg

The simple fact is that it would have been daft to give him a chance last season. Lukaku was banging them in. We didn't need him.

We didn't have a back up striker then either and we're lucky Rom didn't get injured.

Not saying his great, but to not give him a locker and make him play away from the 1st team, is pure stubborn ego from Koeman. And it's not the first time he's been like that with a player.

The simple fact is that it would have been daft to give him a chance last season. Lukaku was banging them in. We didn't need him.

Not true. Niasse could have play the role of Valencia. Koeman simply refuse to give him a chance.
Look, the biggest credit should be given to unsworth for not giving up on him and steadily improve his game till he is ready for the first team. Not koeman.

Not true. Niasse could have play the role of Valencia. Koeman simply refuse to give him a chance.
Look, the biggest credit should be given to unsworth for not giving up on him and steadily improve his game till he is ready for the first team. Not koeman.

Valencia is probably better than him tbf. Niasse definitely doesn't have the technical ability to play 90 minutes at this level. His attributes are purely physical. He needs to be used as a sub. Which isn't an indictment on him at all. The fact I'm saying he's worth his place in the squad is an endorsement of his work ethic, humility, and first class attitude (off field stuff aside).

Of course it matters. I am making a point about Niasse not showing anything in training, and you are making an argument against it by using actual games. You are making an irrelevant comparison, and actually backing up my point. My point is that Niasse can only play "all out", so therefore may not impress enough in training to merit a position in the Europa League squad, or even the bench for Premier League games. This would have been the same last season.
I get the point you are making and it may or may not be correct regarding training. But ultimately it doesn't matter because as a manager you should be watching the player in competitive matches as well. That's part and parcel of your job. If he's not doing that then he's not a good manager. There's no way that Koeman warrants a free pass on his treatment and judgement of Niasse.

It's plain as day what Koeman did, he came in here, saw Martinez was reluctant to play him because he was not ready, heard the coaches at the club slag him off, and decided to get rid of him, without even giving him a proper look himself.

Harry Kane got shipped out all over the shop, never in their lives did Spurs expect him to be the player he is now.

I was saying last season when we loaned him out he was a better option than Kone and Valencia who we kept as back up.

That first goal he scored yesterday was top draw, involved in the move early on, good run, received a good pass and smashed it.

Valencia is probably better than him tbf. Niasse definitely doesn't have the technical ability to play 90 minutes at this level. His attributes are purely physical. He needs to be used as a sub. Which isn't an indictment on him at all. The fact I'm saying he's worth his place in the squad is an endorsement of his work ethic, humility, and first class attitude (off field stuff aside).
I think you are wrong. He's a better goal scorer than Valencia without a shadow of a doubt. He's got 3 already, Valencia got 3 all season. I don't know how you reach the conclusion he can't play 90 minutes at this level. I think he's improved considerably, this is not the same player as when he arrived here.

It's plain as day what Koeman did, he came in here, saw Martinez was reluctant to play him because he was not ready, heard the coaches at the club [Poor language removed] him off, and decided to get rid of him, without even giving him a proper look himself.

Harry Kane got shipped out all over the shop, never in their lives did Spurs expect him to be the player he is now.

I was saying last season when we loaned him out he was a better option than Kone and Valencia who we kept as back up.

That first goal he scored yesterday was top draw, involved in the move early on, good run, received a good pass and smashed it.
That sounds about right to me. He's scored two top draw goals in two games, I don't think he's fluking them.

It's plain as day what Koeman did, he came in here, saw Martinez was reluctant to play him because he was not ready, heard the coaches at the club [Poor language removed] him off, and decided to get rid of him, without even giving him a proper look himself.

Good point regarding Kane. He was awful in his first few years as a footballer. Crucially he wanted to succeed. Never let his head drop or just accept the lavish wages. He is now the best striker in the country.

Niasse has a brilliant attitude. DCL appears to want to be the best he can be.

Both should be playing up front instead of shoehorning in a people carriers worth of ponderous no10s.

I'm sorry mate but there's very little to back koeman in terms of how he handle niasse.

7 league goals in 5 u23 last season. Is that not good enough to play the role of Valencia? This guy is simple overlook and treated badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back