2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most of us on here thought Niasse was shocking (Russian gangsters and money laundering had crossed my mind – he was that bad haha). A few people have commented on his inability to control a ball in the warm up before a game, so the fact that Koeman, and the players could see Niasse in training would only have lowered their opinion of him. Lukaku described him as “raw” (which I took to mean “crap). It turns out that Niasse can play only one way – all out.

If you look at his goals, most of them are explosive – he is competing, and is all out. He can’t do that in training. People get hurt. (Was there also not an instance when he injured Deulofeu in pre-season last year?).

Koeman’s treatment of Niasse was brutal, but you can’t really blame him for not playing him. You can’t even blame him for wanting rid of him – Not from what he must have seen in training.
That argument doesn't hold water I'm afraid. Danny Murphy said on MOTD that when he saw him for Hull at end of last season he'd improved a lot. Personally I hadn't taken much notice but when I saw him for U23's against Spurs it seemed pretty clear that he'd improved considerably. This was confirmed when he played against Sunderland. Koeman had to be aware of this but yet was still happy to ship him out on deadline day with no replacement. The guy hasn't even put him in our Europa League squad.

That argument doesn't hold water I'm afraid. Danny Murphy said on MOTD that when he saw him for Hull at end of last season he'd improved a lot. Personally I hadn't taken much notice but when I saw him for U23's against Spurs it seemed pretty clear that he'd improved considerably. This was confirmed when he played against Sunderland. Koeman had to be aware of this but yet was still happy to ship him out on deadline day with no replacement. The guy hasn't even put him in our Europa League squad.
Danny Murphy is not privy to Everton's training sessions. Playing at U23 level against Spurs, and against Sunderland in the cup, is also not a training session.

IMG_0331.webp

Danny Murphy is not privy to Everton's training sessions. Playing at U23 level against Spurs, and against Sunderland in the cup, is also not a training session.
Doesn't matter, the fact is that their was plenty of evidence there if Koeman could have been bothered to look.

Doesn't matter, the fact is that their was plenty of evidence there if Koeman could have been bothered to look.
Of course it matters. I am making a point about Niasse not showing anything in training, and you are making an argument against it by using actual games. You are making an irrelevant comparison, and actually backing up my point. My point is that Niasse can only play "all out", so therefore may not impress enough in training to merit a position in the Europa League squad, or even the bench for Premier League games. This would have been the same last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back