2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored off a bad touch on an open goal...says it all.

Not by a blooming long chalk, it doesn’t.

That “bad touch” and “open goal” came about only because Oumar, with the team trailing 1-4 in injury time, hunted the ball down and forced that situation.

Then he lifted the ball and sprinted back to the halfway line to get the game started again as quickly as possible.

If our other, better players showed half the commitment, passion and indefatigably as Oumar does happen we would not be down among the dead men.

That “bad touch” and “open goal” came about only because Oumar, with the team trailing 1-4 in injury time, hunted the ball down and forced that situation.

Then he lifted the ball and sprinted back to the halfway line to get the game started again as quickly as possible.

If our other, better players showed half the commitment, passion and indefatigably as Oumar does happen we would not be down among the dead men.

I'm not going to elevate sub-standard "cult heroes" because we're crap...stuff like this is why Moyes' name keeps coming up.

Great post

You expect him to run around for 15 minutes, that's his job...the goal was down to Arsenal slacking off after they'd put 5 past us, nothing more.

May as well just tell him to leave then and take his goals with him cause he doesn’t deserve them. With that he takes nearly half our points with him. And the way it’s going, those 3 points he won us vs Bournemouth may prove very important. But no, he is obviously crap so doesn’t deserve a chance even when he is scoring and showing some passion when the rest aren’t.

I'm not going to elevate sub-standard "cult heroes" because we're crap...stuff like this is why Moyes' name keeps coming up.

He’s not my hero but as I said he tried . Sometimes the lad doesn’t even look like a top flight footballer but he chased the ball down and earned his goal ,at that stage more than half our side had stopped even bothering throwing a challenge in .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back