2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Grounds for dismissal. And he’ll be walking away with millions..
Got it in one, mate. Both Koeman and Martinez should have resigned, but held out for the coin, as though they'd been treated unfairly, that they were the victims. The word honour may be old-fashioned but both of them lacked it, totally. It makes my blood boil. I hope that Niasse stood in the car park and waved bye bye to RK as he drove out for the last time.

Feel quite embarrassed watching that video, that I wanted Koeman to be manager in the first place. To not want the player is one thing, but to delay the lad medical treatment is unforgivable. That is a downright shameful way to treat any player.

Honestly......

Well if we are all honest with ourselves, when was the last time we saw a player work as hard for the shirt as niasse does every single chance he gets? Cahill comes to mind as an answer but even he was a rare commodity. This lad isn't the best striker in the league and certainly not the level of striker really that we need.

I tell you what though, I'd play this lad every single game right now. Someone willing to chase lost balls and run all game for the team? Considering how little passion we have at the club, niasse is one player us fans can get behind. I was absolutely made up him scoring against bournemouth and winning us the game. I wrote him off before then, as a novelty act so to speak and thought the idea of him scoring was more funny than anything. He proved me wrong, won the game through sheer determination built by 18 months of desperate to get a chance in this team. That's what I want to see in a blue shirt, 11 players who will run themselves into the ground and play for their shirt.

The wake up call for me was sunday. The entire team gave up after we went behind, the minute ozil put the ball past pickford all outfield players just gave up and conceded despite half an hour to play. In the 92nd minute niasse chases a lost cause and somehow gets the ball in the back of the net. A nothing goal really considering it was game over . Niasse ran back to the centre circle with the ball ready to get going again.

How can an entire team give up after an hour and yet this one player still wanted to try and win? That one little gesture to me reminded me in hindsight of what makes the badge on the shirt mean something, what we have lost since the 80s. Niasse still hadn't given up on the game when every single player , manager and fan had in goodison.

You can stick your expensive mercenaries up your arse, I'd personally get more enjoyment watching niasse play for the shirt than I would seeing some over priced striker come in right now. He isn't going to score 25 goals a season for us , but I think he has proven us all wrong so far and long may he continue doing so.

Honestly......

Well if we are all honest with ourselves, when was the last time we saw a player work as hard for the shirt as niasse does every single chance he gets? Cahill comes to mind as an answer but even he was a rare commodity. This lad isn't the best striker in the league and certainly not the level of striker really that we need.

I tell you what though, I'd play this lad every single game right now. Someone willing to chase lost balls and run all game for the team? Considering how little passion we have at the club, niasse is one player us fans can get behind. I was absolutely made up him scoring against bournemouth and winning us the game. I wrote him off before then, as a novelty act so to speak and thought the idea of him scoring was more funny than anything. He proved me wrong, won the game through sheer determination built by 18 months of desperate to get a chance in this team. That's what I want to see in a blue shirt, 11 players who will run themselves into the ground and play for their shirt.

The wake up call for me was sunday. The entire team gave up after we went behind, the minute ozil put the ball past pickford all outfield players just gave up and conceded despite half an hour to play. In the 92nd minute niasse chases a lost cause and somehow gets the ball in the back of the net. A nothing goal really considering it was game over . Niasse ran back to the centre circle with the ball ready to get going again.

How can an entire team give up after an hour and yet this one player still wanted to try and win? That one little gesture to me reminded me in hindsight of what makes the badge on the shirt mean something, what we have lost since the 80s. Niasse still hadn't given up on the game when every single player , manager and fan had in goodison.

You can stick your expensive mercenaries up your arse, I'd personally get more enjoyment watching niasse play for the shirt than I would seeing some over priced striker come in right now. He isn't going to score 25 goals a season for us , but I think he has proven us all wrong so far and long may he continue doing so.
Great post mate. And so right we need others like him. I seen an interview with him after the Bournemouth game and he came across very well. Can see unsworth giving him game time.

Honestly......

Great post. You can't help but like the lad especially after the way he was treated. Imagine him and straq playing up front together lol

It's all so clear why the celebrations of the players for this guy against Bournemouth were so great.

He hated Oumar.
They hated him.

Well, let's also remember it was only our second league win of the season and we were at home to Bournemouth

Also the players didn't love Oumar . They used to take the piss out of him in the warm ups -Palace at half time in Martinez's final season one example. Not one of them stood up for him either don't forget. And there was a story that Koeman went out for dinner with Ferguson and Unsworth and they told him immediately Niasse wasn't good enough. One of those fellas is temporarily the Everton boss

We're reading stuff into it now that isn't there

When you consider RK's disgraceful behaviour towards Niasse right from day 1, how fitting and satisfyingly ironic was it that in RK's last game in charge before being sacked, Niasse poached a goal 3 minutes into injury time and even though we were still 2 goals behind, he picks the ball out of the net with no celebration and runs back to the half way line to get it kicked off again as fast as possible. What goes around comes around Ron. There must have been a smile on Niasses face when he heard the news on Monday and with him being such a nice and respectful guy, he likely kept it to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back