Our next manager......

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the real problem... get rid of Dyche and then who ?

If the transfer of ownership does go through then I do think he will be on borrowed time quickly if results don't improve.

But, I am struggling to think of somebody who can come in and quickly change things around... ironically Fat Sam might be one name.
Did you see how we played vs Arsenal? You'll get just that with Allardyce but it will be against every team in the league.

One of the reasons the club is failing so badly right now is because a portion of the fan base have insisted on bringing in a new manager every year and all the disruption that brings. Crazy.
Disagree was more that the club have chosen the wrong managers to come in benitez lampard ect. I am not inpressed with dyche this season at all atm he shoule get more time but is right to question him. Also the club should be getting info on managers like potter to see if interested

One of the reasons the club is failing so badly right now is because a portion of the fan base have insisted on bringing in a new manager every year and all the disruption that brings. Crazy.
Surely that portion of 'the fan base' who were calling for manager'sto be sacked were influenced by the facts that we were not developing as a team with many false dawns and the club behaving a secretive manner.
The emotion you invest as a football fan is such that it is inevitable some will seek replacements as a remedy. The fact that we have had an incompetent Board and no discernible business plan for at least 19 years plus is the reason the club is failing not the fans

We played for a 0-0 against Arsenal and nearly got it. You have to give Dyche time with a fully fit squad.
I can forgive people giving dyche the benefit of the doubt for the previous two home games given our striking options. ( dcl should have been involved against Fulham though ) but results don't lie either

But anyone who defends that shambles on Sunday needs to have a word with themselves, it was horrific.

I really have never taken to Dyche but I will say I think firing him could be colossal mistake. I think a huge issue we have had is staggered hires during upheavel. We hired frank before the internal review was complete. Both Brands and Thelwell came in right after a managerial hire?

I fear a lot with 777 takeover but what I do think is that they will likely restructure the board and likely even Thelwell. Regardless of reputation a clean slate for a Manager might make our job more enticing by being the pole setter under a new regime.

I also think there could be some interesting options in the summer. Have a hunch there will be a fair amount of managerial turnover over the year.

One caveat is Potter. I just think the context and time since the Chelsea job may offer us a decent crack in getting him. Could he prematurely set up a structure and DoF prior to full 777 takeover? Otherwise I could see it go bottoms up quickly w/ again staggered appointments. But that aside, in the longterm we do need a development gaffer with contemporary tactics. This may be a small window of him specifically being attainable for us. Although without the backrooms sorted I would be nervous in how it would play out this season.
Can we afford to keep Dyche losing game after game, 1 point from every 5 games, we need a manager with an attacking mentality to get the fans excited and re-engaged again. Dyche ball is up there with the most dull and in-affective football we have ever witnessed.... worse than Allardyce in style and worse than Benitez yet both these managers got legged and fans are rounding behind Dyche, it`s just a sympathy vote.

Needs to go before he really drops us in the brown stuff.... Dyche Out

.... and I wouldn`t wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.