Votes: 34 5.1%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 193 28.8%

• Total voters
I'll be honest mate, I'd say we are in the perfect situation to go for one whose untried but with huge potential.

Last time we had the choice was Arteta who we hesitated on going for when the chance was there. Instead we went for Ancelloti who stuck with us a season left us lumbered with big name players on huge wages we have only just finished seeing leaving, the Ancelloti hiring ultimately was the nail in the coffin in terns of economic damage to the club or chasing a pipe dream by Moshiri etc.

Sometimes the inexperienced but huge upside choice is better than the experienced proven choice mate.

If we are doing it, I'd want someone who had defensive as well as attacking basis really. Not Pochetino but in that mould. Like we wouldn't be able to switch to a Martinez style, and one like that could relegate us.

There's a middle point though. It seems like Carsley could fit that. In fairness to Arteta I think a lot of people felt he was like a Martinez, but you can see the Moyes influence on him, in how they defend their box and are very solid defensively.

Annoyingly someone like Marco Silva would probably do really well here now, with Moshiri butting out and the DOF running recruitment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.