Votes: 34 5.0%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 196 28.6%

• Total voters
If its an in-season hire and assuming we are in a terrible table position, I doubt they go with anyone future inclined or progressive. That would make me think it would be Moyes. He would accept probably on any terms contractually, and would garner immediate support. I cant say that excites me, but considering how the team is designed its akin to Dyche but with a lot more good graces and i'd think a bit more nuance. We could probably get him interim which is a big plus, but as a longterm option i'm not sure what we would be building with him at the helm.

If the club tries to inject some Evertonness with an ex player I would hope they would lean Carsley over Rooney. I have said this for 3 years going but Rooney I think would be utterly idiotic. Carsley is a risk to be fair as well but he at least has some abstract intrigue in relation to development. May help recruit U23 and under talent. He'd know how to navigate toffees fervor. I could accept that appointee.

As for others I am a fan of Potter but I just dont think that's any realm of a fit in regards to our fanbase. We have to admit were a tough crowd im just not convinced he could manage that personality wise. Two names out of work that should get a phone call is Kasper Hjulmand and Edin Terzic. Both are a youngish profile and could be intrigued by a EPL job even with our mess. Hjulmand was very impressive as Denmark's coach and Terzic had better runs than the likes of Marco Rose and Lucien Favre at BVB with arguably a worse squad.
Loving the work, especially in the use of bold lettering there lid.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.