Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 208 28.3%

• Total voters
1: Its not all about expected goals. How many more points would we have on the board if Dyche could:

A: Pick the best players (No Young/Gana)
B: Setup an effective set piece defence
C: Install a counter attacking style to suit the players

Just those 3 things would see us top 10.

2: We have 4 young players who could become very good. Patterson, Branthwaite, Garner and Onana are not being developed well under this manager.

Potter has shown to be very effective in developing young players. Simply seeing those 4 play to the best of their ability (think Patterson/Lamptey Onana/Bissouma etc) would see far better performances, dynamic play and increase their values.

The only one you may think is being used well is Branthwaite but even hes part of a poor set piece unit.

3: There is no style of play. We arent a front foot team as the defence is a sieve, nor a passing team or a direct one as we throw in the towel and hit it long too quickly...even when on top. You rarely see the most efficient teams changing from passing to long ball at the first sign of adversity.

4: We see Dyche shouting all game. There shouldnt be a need to be directing and yelling or bringing on replacements for his favourites who should never have started.

This is a mid table side we have and it is being pulled down due to his weaknesses.

Whether Potter or someone else we need change.

A championship manager is a big risk, a foreign one perhaps the same but Potter at least has not relegated anyone, developed players and installed a style and system greater than the sum of its parts.
Absolutely agree with all of that, I`m just sceptical that Potter would be a good appointment. Is he that much better than Dyche?

It would be a risk as he has always managed smaller teams which from that point of view Dyche has, and the one chance he had to manage a team that teams will drop off against it all goes pear shaped.

We`ve had all these failed experiments hoping Benitez can become good again, perhaps Lampard playing career makes him a good manager and hoping Sean Dyche doesn`t play Dyche type football. We need someone proven with a proven record, even if it is an older head, that experience is helpful.

The last 2 summers we should have moved managers on if we werent going to support them in a big way in the market.

Then brought in someone for the long term to gradually mould us into something worth supporting.

Instead its short term thinking followed by bouncing between 2 different styles since Moyes left....every managerial change is an opposite.

Yes I agree the current owners of this football club have no clue on who they want and all have different ideas with no structure to it (take the Moyes interview all set to be our manager and then they change their mind and get Ancelotti in instead) and then they get in a panic in getting someone in when it has been going on too long to find a new manager, when they should have a plan to find someone new when they sack the current manager at the time

Why are people wanting Lopetegui ?

Considered to be massively overrated in Spain.
giphy.gif

Absolutely agree with all of that, I`m just sceptical that Potter would be a good appointment. Is he that much better than Dyche?

It would be a risk as he has always managed smaller teams which from that point of view Dyche has, and the one chance he had to manage a team that teams will drop off against it all goes pear shaped.

We`ve had all these failed experiments hoping Benitez can become good again, perhaps Lampard playing career makes him a good manager and hoping Sean Dyche doesn`t play Dyche type football. We need someone proven with a proven record, even if it is an older head, that experience is helpful.

I am certain that our team is perfect for counter attacking football.

While we arent a small club, we could be considered a small team at the moment (not in height but in performance) and so will be classed as an underdog.

Potter with underdogs is a good match so far.

Yes I agree the current owners of this football club have no clue on who they want and all have different ideas with no structure to it (take the Moyes interview all set to be our manager and then they change their mind and get Ancelotti in instead) and then they get in a panic in getting someone in when it has been going on too long to find a new manager, when they should have a plan to find someone new when they sack the current manager at the time

You cant make it up...Benitez--Lampard--Dyche

The next manager will be Potter for this reason...because we always appoint someone with an opposite style to the last.

I am certain that our team is perfect for counter attacking football.

While we arent a small club, we could be considered a small team at the moment (not in height but in performance) and so will be classed as an underdog.

Potter with underdogs is a good match so far.

You cant make it up...Benitez--Lampard--Dyche

The next manager will be Potter for this reason...because we always appoint someone with an opposite style to the last.

Wow I didn't see that before, they seriously have no clue on what style of play they want Everton to do and just pick whoever the flavour of the month is by the look of things or toss a coin whatever suits best

Moyes
Martinez
Koeman
Silva
Etc etc its the opppsite every time.

Wont he go to Madrid?

It does seem like that is the case, I bet Brighton have a list of managers that have a similar style of play to De Zerbi and when the time comes for them to part ways they will get someone in that won't disrupt the current structure within the football club

So you think the next manager we pick should be the same as Dyche?

Interesting view.

I would rather we didnt appoint another dinosaur stuck in the 90s with the tactical nous of a crisp packet.

Personally.

Probably. He won’t come here that’s for sure. I was just reading about him the other day. Very highly rated on what he’s done so far.

I think we go for someone we 'know' like Potter.

But for me we need to be finding the next top young manager with new ideas etc...I see no reason why that shouldnt be the plan.

Silva has fulham in 12th and he was someone we should have supported instead of selling gana and sacking him when gbamin left us without a dm.

We need to find the next top coach.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back