Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 208 28.3%

• Total voters
The only problem with Potter is that he needs a lot of time to get his style and ideas across. It took a while before Brighton really became good under him, and he didn’t get enough time to improve Chelsea.

If the fans were willing to give him the time then he’d be a decent option. He is capable enough and his real talent seems to be improving players, which we could definitely do with.

The 3 teams he managed before Chelsea he managed to improve individual players, create a system which was more effective than the sum of its parts and the play was easy on the eye.

Where we are at the moment, we need Thelwell to identify top young players and a manager to develop and improve them.

Instantly Patterson, Branthwaite, Onana and Garner would be used correctly and develop to a superior level than under Dyche. The money lost on paying Dyche off would be covered by the massive improvements in player development.

Also if we see the team in mid table Potter probably gets 2-3 seasons of peace before we expect further improvement.

MJy number 1 choice if we could get him....

Marcelo Gallardo
View attachment 229769
View attachment 229770

Yes he wasnt on the list but id have had him years ago. Gamechanger but probably best to come in if we sneaked to safety in March/April. Instant hire who would need a full preseason and time to acclimatise.

Don`t get the Potter hype, his stats are marginally better than Dyche... if you are going to sack Dyche get someone that will make a difference not a guy who will only do slightly better, maybe! Someone with a proper track record of winning games and silverware who will bring a genuine winners mentality rather than all the losers we`ve had previously.

View attachment 229778

Little confused here...

Osterlund he did wonders with.

Swansea he gave an identity and used young players to replace those sold when relegated https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-swansea-view-on-graham-potter/

Brighton he gradually improved their play, gave them an identity, developed players and but for quality forwards would have achieved far more - De Zerbi had massively benefitted from the foundations left.

If we brought him in and stabilised around mid table he would be just the person you would want for 3 seasons to create an identity, develop young players and give us something to watch and get behind.

Im not sure what people think is wrong with him....we would have never had a chance when he was at Brighton.

The 3 teams he managed before Chelsea he managed to improve individual players, create a system which was more effective than the sum of its parts and the play was easy on the eye.

Where we are at the moment, we need Thelwell to identify top young players and a manager to develop and improve them.

Instantly Patterson, Branthwaite, Onana and Garner would be used correctly and develop to a superior level than under Dyche. The money lost on paying Dyche off would be covered by the massive improvements in player development.

Also if we see the team in mid table Potter probably gets 2-3 seasons of peace before we expect further improvement.

Yes he wasnt on the list but id have had him years ago. Gamechanger but probably best to come in if we sneaked to safety in March/April. Instant hire who would need a full preseason and time to acclimatise.

Little confused here...

Osterlund he did wonders with.

Swansea he gave an identity and used young players to replace those sold when relegated https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-swansea-view-on-graham-potter/

Brighton he gradually improved their play, gave them an identity, developed players and but for quality forwards would have achieved far more - De Zerbi had massively benefitted from the foundations left.

If we brought him in and stabilised around mid table he would be just the person you would want for 3 seasons to create an identity, develop young players and give us something to watch and get behind.

Im not sure what people think is wrong with him....we would have never had a chance when he was at Brighton.
Potter at Brighton they were known was XG FC, Dyche is making Everton XG FC, why would we want exactly the same... Brighton only progressed after Potter.

Potter - Most likely option given our track record, would be bad for us and possibly involve a drawn-out saga. Likely to ask for assurances we cannot provide and the bloke just got ~25m in payout for his last job.

Carsley - Would be great as an Interim Assistant Coach in addition to his England role, and would be good for his credentials as a full-time club manager. Has experience working with 'lower training hours' and would inform Dyche that the last two years' performance argument would not fly. Depends then on whether they have anything to lose.

Schumacher - Evertoninan who can tic-tac-toe and dip his toes in tactics, would arguably never blame the last couple of years and GP for everyday performances. Needs more experience in top-flight football or needs our patience. Seems progressive despite having a structured approach to football.

Gallardo - The original that Dyche's soundbites are modeled after, and tremendous tactician. Will choose the next step 'wisely'.

Rydstrum - New Wave manager topping the Swedish leagues with tactics in a similar vein to Arteta. Would need time, space, and resources at Everton. Football is very attractive to watch and will likely be between him and Diniz for Brighton Coach.

Ancelloti - Jr. already has experience with Everton in an Assistant role, but would need backing in terms of time and money (suspect). Sr.'s progressive tactics at Napoli and Real can at least partially be attributed to Jr's capabilities. However, we do not know our current relationship with the lotties... But would definitely blame the last two years.

I have highlighted who I would like as our next manager in your list, you have listed so good progressive coaches

Potter at Brighton they were known was XG FC, Dyche is making Everton XG FC, why would we want exactly the same... Brighton only progressed after Potter.

1: Its not all about expected goals. How many more points would we have on the board if Dyche could:

A: Pick the best players (No Young/Gana)
B: Setup an effective set piece defence
C: Install a counter attacking style to suit the players

Just those 3 things would see us top 10.

2: We have 4 young players who could become very good. Patterson, Branthwaite, Garner and Onana are not being developed well under this manager.

Potter has shown to be very effective in developing young players. Simply seeing those 4 play to the best of their ability (think Patterson/Lamptey Onana/Bissouma etc) would see far better performances, dynamic play and increase their values.

The only one you may think is being used well is Branthwaite but even hes part of a poor set piece unit.

3: There is no style of play. We arent a front foot team as the defence is a sieve, nor a passing team or a direct one as we throw in the towel and hit it long too quickly...even when on top. You rarely see the most efficient teams changing from passing to long ball at the first sign of adversity.

4: We see Dyche shouting all game. There shouldnt be a need to be directing and yelling or bringing on replacements for his favourites who should never have started.

This is a mid table side we have and it is being pulled down due to his weaknesses.

Whether Potter or someone else we need change.

A championship manager is a big risk, a foreign one perhaps the same but Potter at least has not relegated anyone, developed players and installed a style and system greater than the sum of its parts.

First off it's not going to happen anyway. Unless if dyche finds himself adrift In the relegation places in the next few months he won't be sacked.

But hypothetically if he was I would definitely go for Schumacher. I think that would be the logical choice. Seems a good young, hungry and intelligent manager with modern methods and proved he could build a team with a low budget and succeed albeit in a lower division. Mckenna at Ipswich is similar but has a much bigger budget so appears to be doing better but

I don't think Mckenna would want to join, particularly if we were In the kind of situation you would expect us to have to be if Dyche was sacked.

I have highlighted who I would like as our next manager in your list, you have listed so good progressive coaches
Cheers, but I doubt we'd be able to get him under the current circumstances. Once the dust settles the ownership we can possibly entice him.
Right now, we are severely hamstrung for options and honestly, I would simply root for a manager who knows some Game Management and has a direct connection to Everton.

The clear favourite we should have brought in after Ancelotti.

Absolutely he is a multiple winner, their is a few things I like about him, he doesn't mind working with a small budget, he makes the players better (which he has sold to other clubs), likes to work with the academies to get the players ready for the first team and has a very good structure within them, he is what we need to progress to be what our motto stands for

Cheers, but I doubt we'd be able to get him under the current circumstances. Once the dust settles the ownership we can possibly entice him.
Right now, we are severely hamstrung for options and honestly, I would simply root for a manager who knows some Game Management and has a direct connection to Everton.

Yes I can understand that when we get new owners hopefully they will look for more than 'premier league experience'

I would accept Lopetegui or Potter tomorrow. Given that our previous two managers hung onto their position way too long I am not holding my breath, plus we have the ongoing takeover which may delay things. Problem is we can’t delay. If this carries on we will soon be in the position of having to win every other game to stay up which isn’t going to happen whoever is manager

Absolutely he is a multiple winner, their is a few things I like about him, he doesn't mind working with a small budget, he makes the players better (which he has sold to other clubs), likes to work with the academies to get the players ready for the first team and has a very good structure within them, he is what we need to progress to be what our motto stands for

The last 2 summers we should have moved managers on if we werent going to support them in a big way in the market.

Then brought in someone for the long term to gradually mould us into something worth supporting.

Instead its short term thinking followed by bouncing between 2 different styles since Moyes left....every managerial change is an opposite.

I would accept Lopetegui or Potter tomorrow. Given that our previous two managers hung onto their position way too long I am not holding my breath, plus we have the ongoing takeover which may delay things. Problem is we can’t delay. If this carries on we will soon be in the position of having to win every other game to stay up which isn’t going to happen whoever is manager

Why are people wanting Lopetegui ?

Considered to be massively overrated in Spain.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back