Votes: 39 5.3%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 208 28.3%

• Total voters
Out of the ones in the OP I would still go for Potter. Think he was given a hard time at Chelsea and he can do well still. Him or McKenna for me.

I think Potter is a good manager, but i'm not sure our fans have the patience for that "passing it out from the back style" which often involves giving it away close to your own goal. When we had Martinez he tried to play that way and got sacked finishing 12th and getting to 2 cup semi finals in the same year. It was either winning 3-0 or losing 3-0.

Not a fan of threads like this tbh. I don;t recall seeing any on here back in the days of Moyes-Martinez. It seems to have become a thing since then. They're often started jokey manner, but soon descend into an extension of the the usual suspects from the actual manager thread, calling for the managers sacking 6 minutes in to the season ( I joke somewhat, but I remember there being calls for Silva to go after the second game of his second season.)

Far be it from me to tell people what they should or shouldn't discuss, but there is an actual manager thread and I just feel having threads like this is not a good look. I'd love nothing more than @GrandOldTeam to agree with me, but appreciate I might be alone in these sentiments.

Last edited:
Not a fan of threads like this tbh. U don;t recall seeing any on here back in the days of Moyes-Martinez. It seems to have become a thing since then. They're often started jokey manner, but soon descend into an extension of the the usual suspects from the actual manager thread, calling for the managers sacking 6 minutes in to the season ( I joke somewhat, but I remember there being calls for Silva to go after the second game of his second season.)

Far be it from me to tell people what they should or shouldn't discuss, but there is an actual manager thread and I just feel having threads like this is not a good look. I'd love nothing more than @GrandOldTeam to agree with me, but appreciate I might be alone in these sentiments.
Why not just put the thread on ignore?

The fact remains that T-Rex wont manage us forever, so why not talk about who comes next?

I think Potter is a good manager, but i'm not sure our fans have the patience for that "passing it out from the back style" which often involves giving it away close to your own goal. When we had Martinez he tried to play that way and got sacked finishing 12th and getting to 2 cup semi finals in the same year. It was either winning 3-0 or losing 3-0.

It'll be a project with him.
We as fans crave an immediate upturn.
We won't give him time.

Unfortunately you're probably right. I'm not of that same thought, I'd rather have patience. Arsenal fans went through a bumpy 2ish seasons with Arteta but now they're reaping the benefits of sticking by him.

Why not just put the thread on ignore?

The fact remains that T-Rex wont manage us forever, so why not talk about who comes next?

Your opinion mate. I think it's disrespectful myself, and highlights the geordie-like element of our fan-base.

I don't need to put the thread on ignore. I just don't read it. I'm not even AI and I reckon I could fashion a near replica of the 80 odd pages without reading a single one of them.

As I say, just my opinion, but I'd rather save these threads for when we actually need a manager. Appreciate that people might disagree, but I'm sure there's plenty of others who agree with me.

We will have a rational argument for our views, as opposed to the counter argument: ' we need another thread to discuss the manager situation, because one manager thread is not enough'.

As i say, just my opinion mate, and I've got nothing else to say on the matter now.

Your opinion mate. I think it's disrespectful myself, and highlights the geordie-like element of our fan-base.

I don't need to put the thread on ignore. I just don't read it. I'm not even AI and I reckon I could fashion a near replica of the 80 odd pages without reading a single one of them.

As I say, just my opinion, but I'd rather save these threads for when we actually need a manager. Appreciate that people might disagree, but I'm sure there's plenty of others who agree with me.

We will have a rational argument for our views, as opposed to the counter argument: ' we need another thread to discuss the manager situation, because one manager thread is not enough'.

As i say, just my opinion mate, and I've got nothing else to say on the matter now.
Fair enough mate.

So who do you want next?

:hayee:

Not a fan of threads like this tbh. I don;t recall seeing any on here back in the days of Moyes-Martinez. It seems to have become a thing since then. They're often started jokey manner, but soon descend into an extension of the the usual suspects from the actual manager thread, calling for the managers sacking 6 minutes in to the season ( I joke somewhat, but I remember there being calls for Silva to go after the second game of his second season.)

Back in the Moyes/Martinez years the Everton forum used to be fun. Just a cauldron of fume, aggro and urine these days

After one game loads are saying how can you say sack the manager? Easy because it is exactly the same crap that he has served up for the last year and a half nearly.

He is not getting the best out of these players, unwilling to include new signings in favour of his favourites (Who are all crap i.e. Doucoure, Young and he keeps going back to Keane) and he stifles any attacking intent whatsoever.

Plenty of managers out of work that would get an improvement instantly... some wont come but with the takover potentially imminent and the new stadium brighter days financially should be just around the corner.

David Moyes
Mauricio Pochettino
Thomas Tuchel
Massimiliano Allegri
Niko Kovac
Maurizio Sarri
Igor Tudor
Lucien Favre
Jorge Sampaoli
Graham Potter

A couple from left field....

Davide Ancelotti
Thiago Motta
Ole Werner

After one game loads are saying how can you say sack the manager? Easy because it is exactly the same crap that he has served up for the last year and a half nearly.

He is not getting the best out of these players, unwilling to include new signings in favour of his favourites (Who are all crap i.e. Doucoure, Young and he keeps going back to Keane) and he stifles any attacking intent whatsoever.

Plenty of managers out of work that would get an improvement instantly... some wont come but with the takover potentially imminent and the new stadium brighter days financially should be just around the corner.

David Moyes
Mauricio Pochettino
Thomas Tuchel
Massimiliano Allegri
Niko Kovac
Maurizio Sarri
Igor Tudor
Lucien Favre
Jorge Sampaoli
Graham Potter

Davide Ancelotti
Thiago Motta
Ole Werner
Don’t think Thiago Motta will resign from juventus to manage us

David Moyes
Mauricio Pochettino
Thomas Tuchel
Massimiliano Allegri
Niko Kovac
Maurizio Sarri
Igor Tudor
Lucien Favre
Jorge Sampaoli
Graham Potter

Davide Ancelotti
Thiago Motta
Ole Werner
I can't stand Dyche but even I think it's a bad idea to sack Dyche at this point.

Nothing is going to happen whilst there is a vacuum of leadership at board level.

I am however pleasantly surprised at how decent the list of available managers is .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back