• Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 208 28.3%

• Total voters
I’m going with Eddie Howe!

He gets fired by Newcastle around Christmas time and becomes our manager at the end of the January transfer window.
Isn't he a fan of Everton? I wanted him when FSW was appointed.

Got Bournemouth relegated eventually, but had a few good seasons, playing good football.

Out of the ones in the OP I would still go for Potter. Think he was given a hard time at Chelsea and he can do well still. Him or McKenna for me.

Only thing about Potter for me is sort if the reason he's still out of footy is he needed a break as the stress of the Chelsea job apparently really affected him.

I'd be worried about how he'd react now under a similar pressure situation.

Only thing about Potter for me is sort if the reason he's still out of footy is he needed a break as the stress of the Chelsea job apparently really affected him.

I'd be worried about how he'd react now under a similar pressure situation.
I reckon the 200k he's getting a month probably helps too. The time that a new manager comes in, we should have a new owner at the helm and be moving into the new stadium. I think (perhaps hope) it will be a far less chaotic club by that period.

I reckon the 200k he's getting a month probably helps too. The time that a new manager comes in, we should have a new owner at the helm and be moving into the new stadium. I think (perhaps hope) it will be a far less chaotic club by that period.

Don't get me wrong I do like Potter, it's just a slight concern as those rumours about the pressure getting badly too him at the end casts a bit of doubt.

IF the texture desk goes through I think the 6-12 months after will also be pretty chaotic - but hopefully in an ultimately beneficial way. Textor is very hands on in many ways - not like Moshiri levels of wtf is he doing, but is very opinionated and will make a raft of changes top to bottom in the club.

Still hopeful TFG come in either fully or at least as a brake on Textor as they appear way more grounded

Andy gray bring a blue home

I remember when we were linked with him become manager about 25 years ago, he came pretty close to taking it... then signed a massive deal to stay at Sky Sports. Some say he used us to get a better deal from Sky and wasn't really interested in taking the job. I suppose its much easier to sit in the nice studio, pushing counters around and explaining how other got it wrong.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back