Our Players Are Supposed to be Prem Level FFS

Zinchecko for Arsenal is 27 and wasn't even considered for service since I believe Ukraine perceives their professional world athletes as ambassadors in a sense so why would they conspript that very visible figure and put him on the front line? I think mykolenko is safe

The most insane suggestion I’ve seen on here since the “Liverpool will buy BMD” loons were knocking about.

Dont think they would risk high profile targets, but whilst there is a chance, theres always a worry. You cant just say, not happening. As widespread mobilisation is happening.

That fella is disgusting. Likes to flap his gums loads, while preaching and encouraging outright hatred for Russian civilians that have nothing to do with Putin’s war. And there is absolutely zero chance he would go and fight if it actually came to it.

The Arsenal defender began his football career with Russian team Ufa in 2016, and said he no longer talks to his friends or former teammates that are in Russia.

"Since the invasion really few [have] texted me and sent me some messages and I can't blame them because this is not their fault," he said.

"I cannot tell them, 'Guys, do the protests outside and all these things', because I know they can be [put] in prison."

He said Russians used to call Ukrainians their "brothers" and "sisters", but the invasion has shown "all of us Ukrainians that we can't be friends with them any more".

"We will never forget what they have done to us, to our people," he said. "And that's what I will teach my kids as well. And my kids will teach their kids. This is not acceptable."

The most insane suggestion I’ve seen on here since the “Liverpool will buy BMD” loons were knocking about.
I concur Obviously they have zeal for their country and in mykolenko's case its easy to forget he's a millionaire, millionaires typically don't get enlisted to fight in wars

Zinchecko for Arsenal is 27 and wasn't even considered for service since I believe Ukraine perceives their professional world athletes as ambassadors in a sense so why would they conspript that very visible figure and put him on the front line? I think mykolenko is safe
And even if he did go, his positional awareness would mean he completely avoided the action and left gaping holes in defence.

Probably safer if he stays at Everton than hamper the Ukrainian defensive efforts.

If only if it was that simple in todays world. There would only be a chance he was, but its still a chance. On the other hand, having a millionaire fighting (on the back lines) would be good for morale (and publicity). Who would have thought a comedian would have been a great wartime president, or Klitschco will be seen with a machine gun and bombs going off in his town.

I personally dont think either of them will either, but theres a chance and they may actually want to for themselves, or be seen to doing the right thing - like thousands of other Ukranian lads, rich or poor. As Zinchenko says, if he is called to fight - he will. No doubt Myko is just as brave.

Looking from the outside in, this sort of article has been released in the recent past, when the club are preparing the ground to get rid of a manager.

Little puff pieces, saying how things aren`t right in the dressing room, how some of the players aren`t happy with the manager etc.

I`m not saying that this is the case here, but if we get a few more of these in a similar vein, it would certainly add weight to it.
I think this is the case in any team or organisation that's failing.
I just don't buy that this is due to the repeated behaviour of a single bad egg in our squad who has been consistent from Koeman to now. Certainly not Pickford/Coleman.
That's why I don't think Dominic King would name anyone. There's so many [Poor language removed] players and so many bad attitudes but you can't pin the failures of Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, Rafael, Lampard everyone on one or two individuals that chased them out.