Our worst ever striker?

Tosun - Just cos of the price - and spray on hair we forked out on him 🤯
( And he will always remind me 'Allardyce' managed our club )

Royston Drenthe shouldn't be on that list because:

a) he was supremely talented, just an unmanageable headcase.

And

b) Not a striker.

Got too much too soon imo.

Turning up to training off his face a few times Tim Howard said. Probably needed an arm round his shoulder type manager.

I think one of Moyes’ weaknesses was he would shut out a player if they shown any signs of ill discipline, instead of getting them help or support.

See Bellamy for example, just took another guys word on him and refused to sign him, who was a brilliant player imo.

All the DCL haters didn’t have to sit through the turgid James Beattie years. We’ve been privileged for the last few seasons to see a Nr 9 who cares. Careful what you desire.

Beatie at least had a decent prem scoring record.

Game changed and Andy Johnson coming in with pace shut him out.

Ever had the feeling “we’re going to win the game”, I did when we played Chelsea at home and the crowd was up for it.

Beattie in the first few mins head butted Gallas and got sent off.

Rondon/sandro/maupay.

Niasse shouldn’t be on that list. He at least scored some goals (which is the main point of a striker) and he never put in any less than 100% despite being treated awfully.

Gueye wasn't a striker but so lightweight.

I remember angell and Barlow starting together and someone commenting that we'd be lucky to score Nil (I think they started together v sheff wed away when we won 3-2 as well, but I may be misremembering).

Very difficult to choose as, sadly, we seem to have had more than our fair share of yard dog strikers.
Straq tried hard just wasn’t very good at all, Bernie Wright was a non-sensical signing, Sandro was awful… I could go on but, for his all-round ineptness and being burned into my memory as being ‘last’ my vote goes to Rod Belfitt.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back