Our worst ever striker?

Jo? He was quality.

Yup Jo, and good god mate he was shockingly bad for us.

This threads a good one though as you realise just how shockingly bad we have been at getting good strikers, we tend to hit this weird kine between them being amazing (Sharpe, Gray, Lukaku) or absolutely atrocious. With very little in the middle ground.

This threads a good one though as you realise just how shockingly bad we have been at getting good strikers, we tend to hit this weird kine between them being amazing (Sharpe, Gray, Lukaku) or absolutely atrocious. With very little in the middle ground.

11 G+A in 2,000 minutes isn’t worst striker territory at all.

Royston Drenthe shouldn't be on that list because:

a) he was supremely talented, just an unmanageable headcase.

And

b) Not a striker.
Anyone who takes their mates to work to have a party in hot tubs, deserves to be the legend.

Cenk Tosun £30,million on that and cant belive he was still in the Turkey squad with hair still.

We’ve had some bad strikers but who is your favourite baddest?
I’m sure I have missed some other duds…..
In no particular order of crappiness

Rod Belfitt
Stuart Barlow
Salomon Rondon
Cenk Tosun
Shani Tarashaj
Sandro Ramirez
Oumer Niasse
Arouna Kone
Mageye Gueye
Apostolos Vellois
Denis Straqualari
Royston Drenthe
Mickael Madar
John Spencer
Brett Angell
Warren Aspinall
Michael Branch
Stuart Rimmer
Bernie Wright

Fwiw my vote goes to Bernie Wright. A massive lumbering unit
What.... a list that is!

All the DCL haters didn’t have to sit through the turgid James Beattie years. We’ve been privileged for the last few seasons to see a Nr 9 who cares. Careful what you desire.
Yeah, Beattie was considerably worse than many on that list.
Players like Straq had no business being in the Premier League, but it plays a weird part of Everton's history with strikers. We would have given Ali Dia 20 games if he'd rocked up at Goodison instead of Southampton.

Unfortunately the right answer is those we spent serious cash on that turned out to be uber bad. Beattie, Tosun, Niasse.

Ibrahima Bakayoko (pound for pound)- when you think we spent £4.5 mill, of money we didn’t have.

Or Ibrahim Bakayoko.

Allegedly recommended by Arsene Wenger.

Utter garbage and cost a few quid too.

Took a big hit on him when he was sold.
Scored two goals away at Blackburn that kept us up and amazingly I think we got the same fee or if not the same only a couple of quid less than we paid for him when we sold him on.

Madar got 1/3 so anyone mentioning him No! The bloke doesn’t belong in this company .

Brett angel was so bad and how we made money on him I’ve genuinely no idea .

Even Rod & Bernie , who it’d be tough to argue don’t belong on the list , managed a couple each .

For me There is only one player John Spencer, £1.5m of which we lost 2/3 when we couldn’t afford it . Never even close to scoring or creating anything , awful striker and awful footballer . I wish I could vote for him twice .

Rondon.

I remember going to a game against Wolves a few years back, where we were crap and Kenny got sent off for making awful tackles.

But the noise the crowd made when they saw Rondon about to be subbed on, never heard such a flat depressed murmur like that go through the crowd

Yes we got him on loan from City think he scored on his debut awfull ball control etc
Owobi reminded of Jo at times

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back