Our worst ever striker?

Bernie "the bolt" Wright Jeez he was a case. But Mickey Walsh and Joe Harper cost lots if dosh and really FLOPPED
I remember an away game at Leicester in which we won - My first image of Bernie Wright was a shock to the system - we were playing in our away kit - & Bernie was that huge his kit never fitted him - as fans we just laughed at him - such an awful footballer as a no 9 - he did score 3 goals in his short career - the way he was sacked for eating & drinking most of John Moores Christmas hamper turning up for training sloshed & deciding to ask the Catt for a pay rise Labby, & Westy had to chuck him on the groundsman's trailer as the Catt hid in his office wardrobe, then escaped down the fire exit ladders as he tried to barge into his office - he was sacked after the report went into the FA :lol:

I remember from late 70s on.

The worst was Spencer. Utterly depressing watching him.

The biggest waste of money was Tosun. Remember when he joined, thinking this lad is going to be great.

Then saw him and he ran as if he was smoking 3 packs a day. Paid 30 big ones for him, got nothing back, contributed next to nothing and got a vault load of cash for his troubles.

His message to the fans when he left was so True. He loved his time here. I knew bloody well he did

Its Angell and it's not even close.

Made worse by the fact we had him on loan twice before actually signing him.

Special mention goes to John Spencer though purely for his remarkable feat of playing 7 times for us and doing absolutely nothing in any of those games. Not even anything bad just nothing at all.

Actually Sandro was pretty bad too. There is my top three.

Gueye wasn't a striker but so lightweight.

I remember angell and Barlow starting together and someone commenting that we'd be lucky to score Nil (I think they started together v sheff wed away when we won 3-2 as well, but I may be misremembering).
Queens Park Rangers. our fans chanting for Angell to be sent off after a pretty routine foul.

Boss match in the end though, Hinchcliffe's winner from the free kick is one of my favourite goals especially the shrug afterwards. I think the weird angle on the footage makes it even better.

I’m kind of reluctant to put Angell and Staqalaurusi as our worst ever strikers. Sure, they were gash but being given the opportunity to play in the premier league, they were hardly going to pass it up.

For me, because of the money involved for each either because we had no money and wasted it on them or we couldn’t get them off their contracts:

John Spencer
Sandro
Rondon

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back