Our worst ever striker?

I looked up Jermaine Beckford, remembering that I disliked him, but 8 goals and 3 assists in that team isn’t awful.

Should be nowhere near the conversation. Came into the club when we had saha and yakubu. Arguably the most consistent set of strikers we've had, and he was good enough deputising for Saha that we decided we could let yak go. Yes yak was on the decline, but Beckford was good.

Should be nowhere near the conversation. Came into the club when we had saha and yakubu. Arguably the most consistent set of strikers we've had, and he was good enough deputising for Saha that we decided we could let yak go. Yes yak was on the decline, but Beckford was good.
I agree. I’m not sure why I remembered him as poor.

I just remember the Yak leaving us and Scoring for fun when at Blackburn 17 I think he got in a season with them great player.

Signed on a free, finished our top scorer that season, scored the goal of the season v Chelsea, sold for a profit. Definitely shouldn't be on the list.

We’ve had some bad strikers but who is your favourite baddest?
I’m sure I have missed some other duds…..
In no particular order of crappiness

Rod Belfitt
Stuart Barlow
Salomon Rondon
Cenk Tosun
Shani Tarashaj
Sandro Ramirez
Oumer Niasse
Arouna Kone
Mageye Gueye
Apostolos Vellois
Denis Straqualari
Royston Drenthe
Mickael Madar
John Spencer
Brett Angell
Warren Aspinall
Michael Branch
Stuart Rimmer
Bernie Wright

Fwiw my vote goes to Bernie Wright. A massive lumbering unit
Not sure if anyone has said this but ...some of them wasn't a striker.

Also niasse had 8 goals in 35 games .. not that shabby.

Shani tarashaj didn't play a competitive game for us. So unsure how you can include him.

I like your idea of the tread. Just think you've included players that shouldn't be on the list.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back