Our worst ever striker?

Not sure if anyone has said this but ...some of them wasn't a striker.

Also niasse had 8 goals in 35 games .. not that shabby.

Shani tarashaj didn't play a competitive game for us. So unsure how you can include him.

I like your idea of the tread. Just think you've included players that shouldn't be on the list.
Yes fair points and I have acknowledged my mistakes on the wingers...I just couldn't help myself including such duds..I got carried away.
I also focused our past idiots and forgot to include the current useless lot.
Let's hope the list doesn't get longer in the next few years

Very difficult to choose as, sadly, we seem to have had more than our fair share of yard dog strikers.
Straq tried hard just wasn’t very good at all, Bernie Wright was a non-sensical signing, Sandro was awful… I could go on but, for his all-round ineptness and being burned into my memory as being ‘last’ my vote goes to Rod Belfitt.
That infamous game v Leeds mid sixties Belfitt was in the Leeds forward line that day

We’ve had some bad strikers but who is your favourite baddest?
I’m sure I have missed some other duds…..
In no particular order of crappiness

Rod Belfitt
Stuart Barlow
Salomon Rondon
Cenk Tosun
Shani Tarashaj
Sandro Ramirez
Oumer Niasse
Arouna Kone
Mageye Gueye
Apostolos Vellois
Denis Straqualari
Royston Drenthe
Mickael Madar
John Spencer
Brett Angell
Warren Aspinall
Michael Branch
Stuart Rimmer
Bernie Wright

Fwiw my vote goes to Bernie Wright. A massive lumbering unit
Stuart Rimmer? I can’t place him; wiki says he played just 3 times for us between ‘81 & ‘85. A lad who came through our youth system but couldn’t cut it at the highest level, although he did go on to become Chester City’s all time leading goal scorer in division 4.

Stuart Rimmer? I can’t place him; wiki says he played just 3 times for us between ‘81 & ‘85. A lad who came through our youth system but couldn’t cut it at the highest level, although he did go on to become Chester City’s all time leading goal scorer in division 4.
There is a mention of Stuart on page two remember him getting a bad injury
At Chester lost some of his lightning pace after that

The worst one I remember was Stuart Barlow. He had the nickname "Jigsaw" because he went to pieces in the box.
played 76 games, scored 12 goals and got 2 assists. Came through the youth system I think and played for Everton between 1990 and 1996. He has a FA cup winners medal, even though he wasnt involved in the final. He played in the round of 16 game and in the quarter final.

That infamous game v Leeds mid sixties Belfitt was in the Leeds forward line that day
He scored well for Leeds, & was signed for big money to Ipswich by Bobby Robson & went poor - then Bobby knew a young David Johnson was going to be a star striker conned the Catt we actually swapped them plus we paid extra money for Belfitt who lasted about 14 games utterly useless lump of lard slow - scored a few & was moved on -

David Johnson went back to his boyhood club over the park & gained England honours & scored for fun .... he was a boyhood red - we gave him a 2ds spell & he was way past his best ....

The Catt had lost the plot by then ...

Stuart Barlow - nicknamed Jigsaw as he went to pieces in the box - he was a local lad though & was lightning pace ... cost us nothing too - came up with the odd good game ....

Don't know why Niasse is on list he scored quite a few goals. Kone wasn't great but still scored a few, he was never gonna challenge Lukaku. Tosun was a ludicrous signing, but he still scored a few. Velios hardly played, Straq gave his all, which is why you can't complain about him, Kean never got a chance. It's worth pointing out until Ancelotti came in, DCL looked useless. Some players have been given more chances than others.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back