Our worst ever striker?

The worst one I remember was Stuart Barlow. He had the nickname "Jigsaw" because he went to pieces in the box.
played 76 games, scored 12 goals and got 2 assists. Came through the youth system I think and played for Everton between 1990 and 1996. He has a FA cup winners medal, even though he wasnt involved in the final. He played in the round of 16 game and in the quarter final.

Stuart Barlow - nicknamed Jigsaw as he went to pieces in the box - he was a local lad though & was lightning pace ... cost us nothing too - came up with the odd good game ....

Surprised Barlow hasn't popped up much. He was a shambles.
I remember a derby at the pit 93 ish and Barlow came on second half at 0-0 , the lads pace took him clean through a couple of times but he absolutely ballooned his chances . We should have been a couple up , inevitably they scored in the last minute to win .

I won’t lie I cursed the player a bit on the way home after that but I wouldn’t swap three John Spencer’s for him .

We’ve had some bad strikers but who is your favourite baddest?
I’m sure I have missed some other duds…..
In no particular order of crappiness

Rod Belfitt
Stuart Barlow
Salomon Rondon
Cenk Tosun
Shani Tarashaj
Sandro Ramirez
Oumer Niasse
Arouna Kone
Mageye Gueye
Apostolos Vellois
Denis Straqualari
Royston Drenthe
Mickael Madar
John Spencer
Brett Angell
Warren Aspinall
Michael Branch
Stuart Rimmer
Bernie Wright

Fwiw my vote goes to Bernie Wright. A massive lumbering unit
Saved the best until last eh?
A game lad but truly awful.

Stuart Rimmer? I can’t place him; wiki says he played just 3 times for us between ‘81 & ‘85. A lad who came through our youth system but couldn’t cut it at the highest level, although he did go on to become Chester City’s all time leading goal scorer in division 4.
Yes another one

We’ve had some bad strikers but who is your favourite baddest?
I’m sure I have missed some other duds…..
In no particular order of crappiness

Rod Belfitt
Stuart Barlow
Salomon Rondon
Cenk Tosun
Shani Tarashaj
Sandro Ramirez
Oumer Niasse
Arouna Kone
Mageye Gueye
Apostolos Vellois
Denis Straqualari
Royston Drenthe
Mickael Madar
John Spencer
Brett Angell
Warren Aspinall
Michael Branch
Stuart Rimmer
Bernie Wright

Fwiw my vote goes to Bernie Wright. A massive lumbering unit
Should have added Maupay , Ernie Hunt and Joe Harper

Haha. The one match he played was that bad?
Think off all the promise and excitement of having this absolute giant of a man come in, only for him to play 15 minutes, get injured and be out for the entire length of his loan - we paid his wages the entire time. Absolute disasterclass

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back