Our worst ever striker?

You might be right mate. I can just recall it was early/mid ish 90s and we were playing in that stripey salmon pink kit. And i drove down so i couldnt even have a beer watching a mainly depressing side at the time.

I'm sure we won 3-2. 2-0 down at ht and Angel got the hook. I think Royle has even mentioned it that he done it for Angel due to the stick he was getting. We scored a last minute winner as well with a Hinchcliffe free kick.

It was a boss 2nd half come back.

It was 2 months before the cup final. We had a small injury crisis so Barlow and Angell were up front as Ferguson Stuart and Rideout were injured (no surprise with Ferguson) and Amokachi had not worked his way into Royle's plans fully at that time (he came on as a sub).

Limpar played that day! He was a Walker signing.

Kind of mad that we had six strikers to pick from really.

Got beat by Blackburn at home the next game which was memorable for some of the worst time wasting I have ever seen. Shearer booted the ball into what felt like Stanley Park at one point.

The Blackburn game, was that one we got beat 3-1 or where we got beat 2-1 when Blackburn went 2 up inside the first ten minutes then we absolutely battered them for the rest of the game?

That derby at Anfield where he missed them 2 one on ones killed him , then rosenthal went and scored the winner in the last minute , should have won that game

@Dario Terracotta always has a good shout for Barlow, after his Derby nightmare showing he scored an absolute worldy volley a few days later at home to Ipswich.

I'm sure we won 3-2. 2-0 down at ht and Angel got the hook. I think Royle has even mentioned it that he done it for Angel due to the stick he was getting. We scored a last minute winner as well with a Hinchcliffe free kick.

It was a boss 2nd half come back.

I remember that one. Wasnt that the game amokachi threw his toys out the pram as he wanted to take the free kick. And hinchcliffe stuck it in the top corner.

That derby at Anfield where he missed them 2 one on ones killed him , then rosenthal went and scored the winner in the last minute , should have won that game
Spoke to him about that at an Everton do a few years back,he told me he didn't leave the house until the Monday morning for training he was that gutted,I'd forgotten until he reminded me he'd come on as a sub and I admit I forgot it was a very sterile first half and his pace suddenly changed things in our favour,sods law what happened,he said the game the following midweek against Ipswich was the only time in his career he hoped he would be left out of the squad,Howard started him!!I'd already reminded him he scored an absolute cracker that night,again sods law🙄genuine lad and a nice fella to chat to👍

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.