Out of Contract Players - Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bemoaned a lack of squad depth previously, under Moyes. Now it's good we have that.

On the other hand, are these players in question here fit enough anymore? Are they ever likely to be?

It's a valid question mate - Kone could very easily have been on that list and look at him now.

Having said that his contract extension doesn't bode well for the lads above.

We bemoaned a lack of squad depth previously, under Moyes. Now it's good we have that.

On the other hand, are these players in question here fit enough anymore? Are they ever likely to be?

3 of them are certainly young enough to play for at least another season if they're physically able if we need them. Like I said the only way the can be judged is through the next part of the season.

I expect at last two to get extended deals myself.

Would give all Pienaat and Ton a new contract as its a a squad game and the others offer decent cover.

Mattioni will be able to replace Hibbo by the sounds of things and we have wingers for daaays so don't need Pienaar any more

Gibson pay as you play
Oviedo so unlucky it's not true. 12 months with an option.
Hibbert and Osman to coaching staff
Pienaar just needs to be let go. Seems to be physically incapable now.

with such an influx of youngsters coming through, giving any of these a contract seems a bit pointless. It's a big part of the squad, but they hardly ever play any minutes because most of them are injury prone now. I'd like to see oviedo stay, but it's not a massive necessity. Osman still gets game time every now and then, but i reckon there will be one or two youngsters available to do that job.

Hibbert Mattioni/Kenny
Osman Davies
Pienaar Dowell/Henen
Gibson Ledson
Oviedo Garbutt/Connelly

Will they be missed?

Basically, why would we want to hold back any of these? They all seem fairly highly rated, yes they're young, but what do any of those players do bar the odd the hour in a cup match? Perfect development for them at their ages.

Big chunk of the squad though isn't it.
I think right now it is time to start giving some of these spots to academy members. We've done well bringing up youth in the back. I'd like to see some guys be more involved with the first team.

Osman- I think he's done but if you feel you still want some true evertonian leadership, I'd be fine with him signing for cheap and be happy with maybe some cup matches but not much else. Just be there behind the scenes helping.
Hibbert-He has to retire. He wants to just fish anyways.
Pienaar- What I would give to add a prime Pienaar in our current lineup. Coleman and Gerry on the right with Bainaar on the left and Lukaku up top and Barkley roaming and doing what he wants. That would be so good. But his legs won't let him play. One of my favorites from that generation.
Gibson-Martinez likes him, but he can't stay healthy and is not great off the pitch. I don't want him back but you don't know.
Oviedo-I wouldn't mind signing him but he may get more elsewhere because I'd only pay him as a back up.

Osman 1 year, the rest nope. Tony can finish building the Finch Farm Carp lake he's been working on these past 3 or 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.