Out of Contract Players - Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bemoaned a lack of squad depth previously, under Moyes. Now it's good we have that.

On the other hand, are these players in question here fit enough anymore? Are they ever likely to be?

Squad depth is only good if it's actual quality depth though and with these lot mate, they are either injured, perennially coming back from an injury so not match fit when needed or injuries and age have taken away any quality they once had.

At this point really they are just 'names' who look good on paper as we remember how they once were, but in reality maybe don't add anymore than one of the academy lads would add in terms of current ability, and if we had a bench with 4-5 academy lads on rather than them people would moan about the squad depth

Hopefully none of them with the exception of Oviedo are still here as players next season - if he can prove he can stay fit for a period of time

The others Pienaar, Osman and Gibson are probably on pretty decent contracts as well - certainly within the top 10-11 at the team currently so it becomes a matter of analysing what we pay them to what they offer and becomes an easy choice to let them go.

Hibbert has effectively been retired for 2 seasons already and we are giving him an early pension with that new contract he got, get him into the club working in some role or other, Osman don't give a flying 'f' about him - let him go work at Valencia with his mate Phil

I would give Oviedo a new contract all day long. Can cover both fullback and left mid when we need him to.

Gibson i would let go simply because he hasn't earned a new one.

the rest don't even make the bench anyway.

I would give Oviedo a new contract all day long. Can cover both fullback and left mid when we need him to.

Gibson i would let go simply because he hasn't earned a new one.

the rest don't even make the bench anyway.

Oviedo has to prove at least a level of fitness first though mate, although i hope he does.
As for Gibbo - even if he stays fit between now and end of the season i'd suspect it was to purely earn a new contract so he can go drinking to celebrate and smash up a bus stop or grannies coming out the bingo next time

Oviedo has to prove at least a level of fitness first though mate, although i hope he does.
As for Gibbo - even if he stays fit between now and end of the season i'd suspect it was to purely earn a new contract so he can go drinking to celebrate and smash up a bus stop or grannies coming out the bingo next time
Perhaps it is just backing the players? Oviedo has been unlucky, extend his contract and let him go if he isnt fit. Gibson the same situation, he got his extension (didn't he?) and he hasn't proven to be fit enough to keep on. The club tried to back them and it hasn't paid off, at least the players who we are letting go bar osman are simply ones who are unfit and are not going to be missed.

I imagine Peinaar and Hibbert may go. Hibbert may take up a coaching role. As for Osman I think he will stay but on a heavily reduced wage again to keep him in the background.

For Gibson it will depend on fitness.. I'm not adversed to keeping him but need to be on a heavily reduced wage. I'd keep Oviedo too, particularly if we lose Naismith/Mirallas as he can play left wing. It would just be a one year deal though.

All stealing a wage from us.

Osman 40k, Hibbert 30k, Pienaar 50k, Gibson 40k, Oviedo 30k. Think that's around what they must be on. Crazy money for players who have absolutely nothing left to offer.

Get rid of the lot of them. Thank you and goodbye.

Hibbert
Osman
Pienaar
Gibson
Oviedo

Will they be missed?

Osman £30k
Pienaar £50K
Gibson £50k
Oviedo £25k

Of course they will miss us, picking up a shed load of dosh whilst dishing out a load of tosh.

But a potential weekly saving of £155k a week or £620k a week or £7.5 mill, I know which the club needs more and it is not four players that have give a bit or a lot for Everton but have also been handsomely rewarded for it and should not expect any favours when their contracts expire. However, this is Everton and so I see the following:

Osman 12 month contract.
Pienaar 12 month contract.
Gibson 2 year contract.
Oviedo 3 year contract with a view to selling.

All stealing a wage from us.

Osman 40k, Hibbert 30k, Pienaar 50k, Gibson 40k, Oviedo 30k. Think that's around what they must be on. Crazy money for players who have absolutely nothing left to offer.

Get rid of the lot of them. Thank you and goodbye.

This all day long. They're all taking more than they're worth as it is, hopefully they're all let go and we can use the savings to bring some decent prospects through.

Status
Not open for further replies.