Park End vs Lower Gwladys 'beef'??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember clearing the snow off the pitch so a semi final between Stoke and Arsenal could take place? Think Gordon Lee was our manager at the time. (I'm a Park Ender so my memory isnt as good as it was) Anyway, we got free tickets to the game and they were for the old Park End. Stood right at the front and tried not to speak! Any of this could be rubbish of course, the Park End does that to you!
Think your right mate, think Forest v Newcastle also got played at goodison

Haha same here, recall one year they had less than a coach load in there and were looking on to the enclosure with hundreds of scals in it with total fear, they decided to give us the thumbs up little waves,not sarcasm to be met by total indifference, then one pulled a homemade little banner with happy xmas lads, on it out of his waistband, we all smiled gave them a clap and a walkover outside , good few of us walked around to the coach to make sure they got home ok, decent lads by the way . Once they realised we were not going to do them any arm.
it used to be the only part of the ground in the early 80's that was "chocka"!!to be honest I'd have run a mile if it kicked off,it was mainly bravado and posturing back then,exciting though for a young buck!!

Dario Terracotta said:
it used to be the only part of the ground in the early 80's that was "chocka"!!to be honest I'd have run a mile if it kicked off,it was mainly bravado and posturing back then,exciting though for a young buck!!
Nothing else used to happen in there , crew in there and paddock before then were just the slightly grown up parkenders, that had gone past the skinhead,punk scally ect stage to just normal looking, wasnt as much fun to be honest, less dangerous , but for games agaist the likes of man unt and Chelsea was a bit of a hairy atmosphere.

Remember going in the Upper Bullens years ago Old Barcelona side played an Everton vets, we got turned over. Any way it was something i would not want to do again..

I'm not keen on any of the suites or boxes tbh, but it does sound like something I'd say and I defo fit the "old fart" description. I'm currently in the Park End after vacating the Lower Gwladys, but the Bullens is beginning to look quite tempting

... which worries me a little.

i could have swore i'v seen you say you sit in the Main Stand :blush: oops.

Lower Bullens is the place to be, I've introduced 8 blues that I can think of to sit in there, they haven't looked back and have moved their season tickets into there now. If you get yourself a decent enough seat your watching at the same level as the executive boxes, side on to the pitch and alongside the LG its the cheapest adult season tickets in the ground.

The queues to get in are never to bad, so no long waits outside there, no way jose....
vlcsnap-00646.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back