Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't blame viera for his reaction , why did the kid have to get in his face after we won.
Saying that if he had done that to me at 17 he would have ended up in a seriously bad situation
I believe it was the great warrior poet Jamie Vardy who uttered the immortal words "chat s@#* get banged". I think we all need to take a moment to reflect on that philosopher's words.

I believe it was the great warrior poet Jamie Vardy who uttered the immortal words "chat s@#* get banged". I think we all need to take a moment to reflect on that philosopher's words.
Bookies have his wife on the bang list for chatting whiff to the scum and others. And when did Wayne morph into Gascoigne?

You are having a laugh yeah? The guy gets up in his face and acts like an absolute [Poor language removed], that happens on a night out and you'd expect a reaction. You tell me someone does that to you at any point during your work day and it doesn't piss you off? Yeah, it's football and passions run high, we're all [Poor language removed] ecstatic we've stayed up but there's no need to be a nob is there.
Erm, it was Goodison not the Grafton. If most of us reacted like that at work we wouldn't be employed the next day.

That said, I'm not supporting the fan. Further, I wouldn't behave like that at work or on a night out.

Don’t blame him, but it wasn’t a smart move to kick out at a fan when there’s thousands of others on the pitch… thankfully there were some responsible blues nearby

Not sure anyone comes out of that with a lot of credit. No need to goad him but at his age and with his experience getting so riled that you need to go back and lash out at someone isn’t a great look either.
tbf it's bordering on abuse really, not goading

getting in someone's face, stuffing a phone in their face and shouting "you f***** muppet, f*** off' really isn't normal behaviour

I honestly wish Vieira had clocked him harder.

The lads who do come out of it well are the ones who got Vieira away and walked with him to the tunnel

Just posted this on the match thread…

Fan should be prosecuted and given a banning order and then banned for life by the club. It is all his fault.
if he doesn’t break the law by going on the pitch the incident doesn’t happen.

He is not celebrating a win he is taunting and harassing someone at their place of work, using insulting language.
it is no more acceptable tonight then it would be with a doctors receptionist on a Monday morning.

His actions are not the same as those who just ran on to celebrate the win and staying up.

Nice of him to post the video online should make him easier to identify and prosecute.

tbf it's bordering on abuse really, not goading

getting in someone's face, stuffing a phone in their face and shouting "you f***** muppet, f*** off' really isn't normal behaviour

I honestly wish Vieira had clocked him harder.

The lads who do come out of it well are the ones who got Vieira away and walked with him to the tunnel
Yeah I’m not defending the fan, it’s idiotic. It’s still not good from vieira though. If he’d just pushed him out the way or something it’s one thing but actually turning round to go after him and boot him is different. If all he called him was a muppet he must have heard worse a thousand times. As I said, it doesn’t reflect well on either of them.

Well if he was just winding him up then Viera needs to act a little more professional doesn’t he? Are we condoning Cantona’s kick now as well? Fans will be fans, that’s the way it is, you get good ones and not so good ones but for me he has overstepped the mark here. I originally thought it was something racial maybe but clearly not.

Well if he was just winding him up then Viera needs to act a little more professional doesn’t he? Are we condoning Cantona’s kick now as well? Fans will be fans, that’s the way it is, you get good ones and not so good ones but for me he has overstepped the mark here. I originally thought it was something racial maybe but clearly not.
Cantona... the sh!t certainly hit the fan that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back