Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a racist / personal thing that pushed him over the head. Over years of being in the PL , and especially at places like Spurs & Man U, he must be used to being abused on the pitch. It's a shame it happens, but from my experiences it's the worst 'crossing the line' abuse that pushes them over the edge.
no evidence of that whasover, I can think of a thousand things being said to him other than racist remarks.

You do realise the players are meant to be on the pitch and the fans are not. Furthermore, to get to the changing rooms, Palace players and staff had to cross the pitch. This is a ludicrous take.
once the game is over, the players have no 'right' to be on the pitch, no.

their job is done.

Vieira was cleary walking around at a very slow pace - for reasons only he may be able to adequately explain.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a racist / personal thing that pushed him over the head. Over years of being in the PL , and especially at places like Spurs & Man U, he must be used to being abused on the pitch. It's a shame it happens, but from my experiences it's the worst 'crossing the line' abuse that pushes them over the edge.

It wasn’t racist. Or even particularly personal. There’s a video of it, it’s the lad calling him a muppet, telling him to F off and telling him to “suck on that”.

Very poor behaviour in my opinion, but let’s not shout racism for something that isn’t.

No it wasn't and the fan POV video backs it up from what i can tell.

Please don't start with that nonsense

onece the game is over, the player have no 'right' to be on the pitch, no.

their job is done.

Right, but they can’t teleport you see. So at some point between the game being finished and being in the changing rooms, they physically have to be on the pitch.

Don’t be talking rubbish to condone an idiotic fan doing something idiotic, please. It only makes us look worse.

Wise up Kev

How do they leave the pitch without being on the pitch. Do they teleport or something

Right, but they can’t teleport you see. So at some point between the game being finished and being in the changing rooms, they physically have to be on the pitch.

Don’t be talking rubbish to condone an idiotic fan doing something idiotic, please. It only makes us look worse.

29A37511-7E14-4E48-9E1E-EE2A229A09CF.jpeg

It wasn’t racist. Or even particularly personal. There’s a video of it, it’s the lad calling him a muppet, telling him to F off and telling him to “suck on that”.

Very poor behaviour in my opinion, but let’s not shout racism for something that isn’t.

Certainly wasn't racist, just pretty terrible attempts at a wind up and banter. I was more embarassed for the kid than anything. We've won a huge match and your first reaction is to try and impress your mates by having a go at the opposition manager. Grow up lad.

Reactions: kev
Sadly there are always idiots who make the headlines, and tarnish the vast majority.

I hope PV does not face any repercussions - it was heat of the moment and a response to completely unnecessary provocation.

Let's move on..... I really do not want to see fencing going up again but recent events in various matches are showing that fans cannot be trusted to stay off the pitch

Certainly wasn't racist, just pretty terrible attempts at a wind up and banter. I was more embarassed for the kid than anything. We've won a huge match and your first reaction is to try and impress your mates by having a go at the opposition manager. Grow up lad.
not sure if Viera was looking for some aggro - not sure why he was very slowly and deliberately wandering around.

It’s very poor.

If it was Klopp or Gerrard I’d understand (not condone), but I reckon Vieira seems alright. Certainly nothing in the game to warrant that.

not sure if Viera was looking for some aggro - not sure why he was very slowly and deliberately wandering around.
Why should he have to run?

You should be allowed to walk away from your place of work without someone shouting in your face.

Do you run home from work every day in case someone might yell in your face?

Status
Not open for further replies.