Peter Kenyon

Kaminiski-Kenyon group

• 👍

• 🤷

• 👎

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said from the start of these talks that these lads aren’t coming in for anything but a successful return on investment and being good businessmen, something Kenwright and his gang of leeches are not. That doesn’t mean pissing money up a wall and also doesn’t mean simply asset stripping, as we have no assets worth anything.

They’ll come in and be ruthless to get success, employ smart people that know how to operate. You don’t commit to spending at least a billion pounds on something without some idea on how to make it a success. This isn’t like Burnley where some lads leverage debt against the club in a bit of a gamble to profit off of PL TV revenue and it’s also not like a United or Liverpool where someone can basically just buy them and coast of guaranteed revenue due to historical performance if they wanted to.

For them to make money Everton need to be successful, I don’t understand how people aren’t getting that. The first step of that is setting the club up in an actual professional manner.

That is more or less what I think.

If we were a successful club on the pitch and a great worldwide commercial success off it, like United and RS when Glazers and the Texans bought them respectively, I would worry about “asset stripping” and think they are more worried about selling merchandise in Kuala Lumpur than actually winning stuff on the pitch.

But we aren’t.

Outside of a new stadium in two years time, we have little or no assets worth stripping.

We have been a 21st century version of what Coventry City were back in the mid to late 20th.

Seemingly there just to make up the numbers….and with the inevitable always just round the corner, a corner we almost turned a mere six weeks ago.

And whilst I understand people thinking they are only interested in getting BMD then baling, as things stand right now there is still a very real chance we might go into BMD as a Championship club.

Which would severely impact on their investment plan.

So I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

It they don’t pony up the dough to make us competetive at the right end of the table then they will be dancing on the trap door as far as their investment is concerned.

And no serious group of businessmen are going to go into this without an optimistic plan of action…if only to see their investment pay dividends.

I’m backing Kenyon (and that is a good, solid Everton name from the ‘70s ;)).

Last edited:
2 issues for me ....

In US if you have not gone bankrupt at some point, people think you are too risk averse. Not entirely true, but going bust in the US is very different than going bust in the UK in all walks of business.

If we get US owners, no more benign season ticket prices, we'll be forced into cup schemes and european tickets, whether or not we want them or we'll lose our season tickets. This happens at Utd, and I thought at the RS too, but not sure of the latter.

Other thoughts, Utd are saddled with a shed load of debt, but their revenue means they can pay it and their debt is not a commercial issue at all. They have invested heavily in players over the years at significant cost, most of whom turned out to be garbage, but it wasn't for lack of money.

If Kenwright really is going to go, put DBB back in charge of EiTC and put professional sports businessmen in place as first activity on the football side.

TBH I'd do a pact with the devil to see us successful again.

If we get US owners, no more benign season ticket prices, we'll be forced into cup schemes and european tickets, whether or not we want them or we'll lose our season tickets. This happens at Utd, and I thought at the RS too, but not sure of the latter.
On that, I don't think United do it anymore. Certainly, they introduced it but I think they scrapped it again (I've got mates who go) a couple of years later. You could always just sell them anyway, but I appreciate that its a drain and a stress.

This is a very salient point and one I don't think is being said enough

We have no idea if he has the ability to run a modern club
The person charged with running the club for the past 20 years clearly has no idea how to run a modern club.

What's even more galling is he was in and around the boardroom at the time Everton were one of the 'big 5' pushing for the formation of the Premier league.

Everyone else evolved, Everton execs just sat around the boardroom slapping each other on the back.

I can't imagine a single name in football who could possibly do a worse job than Kenwright.

Reports that this takeover is over.

SHOCK!

The fact that they’d set up their sports investment group last month was a major tell…also the fact that Kenyon has been involved in several takeover “attempts” in recent years. Maybe he just enjoys a nice night out on someone else’s dime.

Though I will say I was leaning towards it happening because Moshiri would pick the first bid that came in…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back