Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to complain about this. He always seems unfussy and solid as a CM. He doesn't do anything spectacular but is a steady influence on most of the games I've seen.

He also comes across as a leader on the pitch which we are crying out for.

18 rising to 25 as I've seen quoted seems fine if we can pair him with another creative CM.

He might work in a system though? He’s very good at winning the ball back and should stop players waltzing through our midfield. A team and particularly a midfield is made up of a collective not individuals and should be greater than the sum of its parts. Leicester won the league with a team like that ffs.
I can agree with most of this. I know nothing about this guy and haven't noticed him when he has played against us. I said the other day if he comes in hopefully a playmaker and an athletic box to box midfielder comes in as well. Our midfield atm besides being crap dont score or even get up to support the attack. People say this guy is slow we have enough of them in the team already

I can agree with most of this. I know nothing about this guy and haven't noticed him when he has played against us. I said the other day if he comes in hopefully a playmaker and an athlete box to box midfielder comes in as well. Our midfield atm besides being crap down score or even get up to support the attack. People say this guy is slow we have enough of them in the team already
They should give Carlo a ring,I'm sure he would appreciate their expert opinion.

I can agree with most of this. I know nothing about this guy and haven't noticed him when he has played against us. I said the other day if he comes in hopefully a playmaker and an athletic box to box midfielder comes in as well. Our midfield atm besides being crap dont score or even get up to support the attack. People say this guy is slow we have enough of them in the team already
I mean don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no faith in our transfer heads to actually buy a good player and the warning signs are certainly there with this bloke but he might work in the right kind of midfield

I mean don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no faith in our transfer heads to actually buy a good player and the warning signs are certainly there with this bloke but he might work in the right kind of midfield
Let's hope if we get him he's the first piece
I'd stick with Gomes if he can play like he did 2nd half the other night. Not sure about Allan cos of his age but trust Carlo. But if do have money we need the athletic box to box pacey midfielder. Should be looking in France seems to be loads there

1595416737585.webp

The choice of language the Evening Standard have used is interesting, 'Southampton indicated'. Seems they're saying this whilst we're saying not true - almost sounds like they're trying to bait Spurs into paying what they want to get the saga over and done with early.

I back the Echo and their claims, like when they first reported the fake Zaha bid last Summer, they have no reason to contradict a lot of the national press on this one and they've got a decent record with this stuff under Kirkbride.

View attachment 95060

The choice of language the Evening Standard have used is interesting, 'Southampton indicated'. Seems they're saying this whilst we're saying not true - almost sounds like they're trying to bait Spurs into paying what they want to get the saga over and done with early.

I back the Echo and their claims, like when they first reported the fake Zaha bid last Summer, they have no reason to contradict a lot of the national press on this one and they've got a decent record with this stuff under Kirkbride.
It's very telling that all the noise yesterday was coming from South Coast journo's and that then fed the main media. I use to work with a load of Saints fans, one of which always seemed to know what was happening at the club and i text him last night and he's response this morning was he'd not heard anything about a bid being accepted. He did say for what it's worth the lads reporting it down there have a good relationship with the club so they're rarely report gossip. I still think this is Southampton trying to create a bidding war.

It's very telling that all the noise yesterday was coming from South Coast journo's and that then fed the main media. I use to work with a load of Saints fans, one of which always seemed to know what was happening at the club and i text him last night and he's response this morning was he'd not heard anything about a bid being accepted. He did say for what it's worth the lads reporting it down there have a good relationship with the club so they're rarely report gossip. I still think this is Southampton trying to create a bidding war.
And this is the closest i will ever be to being ITK lol

View attachment 95060

Makes sense - when do Everton ever do their business early?

Last minute Joe's us

The southern press used to say Bernard would rather go to west ham than us didn't they? We never seem to be a player's first choice in the eyes of the press unless we're battling with lower league clubs for a youngster. Take everything with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back