Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its why im not that fussed if we miss out on him - dont get me wrong im happy if he comes but he's hardly getting rave reviews (although I have seen a saints fan on social media claim they bad mouth all their players who leave including Mane) so you cant take everything they say without a pinch of salt.

Either way we need 2 CM players if we are to continue with 442 as Gomes can not play in a midfield 2 and is best as a rotation option.

Hojbjerg & Allan would make sense but we'll see. Think this will drag on a few more weeks like the Gabriel transfer.
Yup, I agree with you up to a point. However what if their fans are right and say we bought both the players you mentioned? We really can't afford just one of them to be a dud this time around, can we? Everton has to get it right this time! Transfers are not an exact science but there is enough negativity surrounding Hojberg from Southampton fans that it's fair to be concerned that we are potentially in the market for another rip-off in a long line of rip-offs in the past few years! His youtube montage is good though!

....makes me wonder why Southampton made him skipper at such an age and why he was the youngest ever Bundesliga debutant in Bayern Munich’s history. Mourinho seems to rate him as well as Ancelotti.

captaincy is irrelevant. Davies was given the armband on a few occasions, doesn’t mean he is an excellent player.

His Bayern debut came after securing 2013 title with games to spare. Mid April if I’m not wrong, nothing too significant.

Not sure if Mourinho really keen on him. I would imagine Højbjerg being technically outstanding with high level of tactical discipline to be shortlisted. Is he that sort of player?

It’s time to face the facts of what is actually going on here.

Alan McTavish quietly slips into Brands’ office; “Marcel, Marcel, I’ve got a problem. Farhad is furious, I forgot to mention the clause in the Hummel deal insisting we have a Danish player before they will make the first payment. From your extensive database and contacts I’m sure you can sort me one. *Marcel taps away on keyboard... No problem... There are some good ones in Holland... Rommedahl?... Tomasson?... er... give me 10 minutes!” Marcel quickly loads up the G-edition of FM Genie Scout, search’s nation = Denmark, and sorts by ‘current home reputation’. Top of the list Hojbjerg. Checks Wiki... current club Southampton - excellent Prem experience; former club Bayern when a certain Mr Ancelotti was there - bonus. Next does a Google image search to see how good he will look in the Hummel shirt and spots a car in the background of one photo. Zooms in on the window sticker which says “Cazoo” - this is too good to be true!

No way Marcel won’t get this deal done - far too much at stake on this one!

....makes me wonder why Southampton made him skipper at such an age and why he was the youngest ever Bundesliga debutant in Bayern Munich’s history. Mourinho seems to rate him as well as Ancelotti.
Good point, but how many players have there been that have had such distinguished beginnings only to not fulfil them. Why isn't he at a club challenging for trophies then? Are that lot and Citeh planning to kidnap this intrepid midfield colossus from under our noses? I doubt it.

Silva had left. Won’t happen. Doucoure had his chance last summer.

Doucoure is turning into the new David Nugent, linked every transfer window :D
On his day a great player, when Pearson came in he had a few good games and scored a couple of goals.
But a bit inconsistent i feel.
Why dont we bid like 10m and Kenny for Mc Kenzie of Schalke.
Seems a quality box to box player.

it’s a tough one isn’t it , being candid I know almost nothing about him as his not somebody I’ve really noticed on the pitch . Given The way in which he’s engineered his move though the reaction you mention seems fairly Standard from football fans really . Im not saying there isn’t any truth in it but they’re unlikely to be talking him up , talking him down certainly seems more likely .
Although you make a fair point they were talking him down throughout 2018 though!

Of course that sounds like it makes perfect sense, but seeing as people have said a variation of it about every single signing we've made since i've been on this forum, and only about 5% of them have turned out to be any good, you can kind of see why people are sceptical about doing it again.
This...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back