Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a waste of good server space. He is going to Spurs. Nowhere else. Just a question of when not if. We do have an interest if Spurs cannot agree a fee but Levy somehow always gets it done. This will be no exception.

Can't say I remember seeing this lad play and of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I think I'll edge towards Carlo and Mourinho's judgement on a player rather than a few lids on a footy forum. No offence like boys.
Of course that sounds like it makes perfect sense, but seeing as people have said a variation of it about every single signing we've made since i've been on this forum, and only about 5% of them have turned out to be any good, you can kind of see why people are sceptical about doing it again.

It’s almost like these football heavyweights think they know more than some lads on a Southampton forum?
I see your point and can agree to some degree.

But fans can sniff out an imposter though, can't they? Give us some credit. We pay good money to have a deserved opinion. Week in, week out we see them doing their thing on the pitch. Over the course of a season, fans have a fairly rounded perspective on whether they have a Rolls Royce, rough diamond or rotten egg, etc!

Of course, our fans can go over the top at times and unfairly put added pressure on our own. On the whole, though it's disingenuous to assume we know nothing and as such to passively leave it to the professionals! You only have to look at our recruitment record over the past few years to illustrate this!

This thread is a waste of good server space. He is going to Spurs. Nowhere else. Just a question of when not if. We do have an interest if Spurs cannot agree a fee but Levy somehow always gets it done. This will be no exception.
Despite what the southern press may say, I can find no quotes from the player to say that he wants to join Spurs. What he HAS said (and the reason for Southampton fans turning on him) is that he wants Champions League football. IF he ends up signing for us, it will be because Carlo has convinced him that he could reach that ambition by joining Everton.

I see your point and can agree to some degree.

But fans can sniff out an imposter though, can't they? Give us some credit. We pay good money to have a deserved opinion. Week in, week out we see them doing their thing on the pitch. Over the course of a season, fans have a fairly rounded perspective on whether they have a Rolls Royce, rough diamond or rotten egg, etc!

Of course, our fans can go over the top at times and unfairly put added pressure on our own. On the whole, though it's disingenuous to assume we know nothing and as such to passively leave it to the professionals! You only have to look at our recruitment record over the past few years to illustrate this!
And we sit in the stands, unemployed in the footballing world, because our opinions are often wrong

I've just spent 20 mins reading one of the Southampton forums regarding this guy. The general consensus seemed to be that they're glad to get shut of him, at a tremendous price, in the final year of his contract! Common issues are his lack of consistency, goes missing frequently, and loses the ball a lot! In a nutshell, he has concentration issues!

When he is playing well he can influence games positively and demonstrates midfield leadership qualities. Good in the tackle and capable of playing defense-splitting passes Pierre can flourish in a 4-4-2 system. Unfortunately, he has had long spells of mediocrity that has frustrated fans so much that a lot of them just want rid!

Is this guy ends up here rather than Spurs, his preferred destination by the way, is this going to be yet another dreadful signing? More so than ever in our history, we are crying out for quality to give us forward momentum. Carlo obviously likes this guy and with his peerless credentials as a manager, he obviously knows what he is looking at. It would be great if he could bring the better parts of his game to the fore, and with consistency. He sounds like the right type of player in our system that, if playing to his strengths, would benefit us. We can't afford yet another passenger though can we!

No more absolute pap signings Everton, please I'm begging you!
This 100% sounds like Everton fans talking about Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back