Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifa consults 6000 scouts including scouts in the Prem teams plus all the footy databases out there to come up with stats of the players in game. But you are right for then younger up and coming players they are not so accurate/don't devote as much time on scoring them. Basically the only people who still laugh at the FIFA players ratings are 50 yrs old plus who still have same mobile phones from a few years back :p

giphy.gif

Though we got a result against SU I saw enough to finally get why Hojbjerg could be a good option. Just remember he's not a pretty or stylish player, my worry would be if he makes an early cockup fans (online these days, so may do less harm) could get on his back.

Still overpriced though.

Fifa consults 6000 scouts including scouts in the Prem teams plus all the footy databases out there to come up with stats of the players in game. But you are right for then younger up and coming players they are not so accurate/don't devote as much time on scoring them. Basically the only people who still laugh at the FIFA players ratings are 50 yrs old plus who still have same mobile phones from a few years back :p

I miss having a jarg forum ITK. They seem to have become a rare breed in recent years. They all just want to be Twitter famous nowadays.
Source told nothing but agent talk this. As usual Everton Money Boyz used as a leverage. Big news later today. Around 7pm

A contender reappears. Legitimacy is on the line. Hope the sauce can stay out of lockup.

I've just spent 20 mins reading one of the Southampton forums regarding this guy. The general consensus seemed to be that they're glad to get shut of him, at a tremendous price, in the final year of his contract! Common issues are his lack of consistency, goes missing frequently, and loses the ball a lot! In a nutshell, he has concentration issues!

When he is playing well he can influence games positively and demonstrates midfield leadership qualities. Good in the tackle and capable of playing defense-splitting passes Pierre can flourish in a 4-4-2 system. Unfortunately, he has had long spells of mediocrity that has frustrated fans so much that a lot of them just want rid!

Is this guy ends up here rather than Spurs, his preferred destination by the way, is this going to be yet another dreadful signing? More so than ever in our history, we are crying out for quality to give us forward momentum. Carlo obviously likes this guy and with his peerless credentials as a manager, he obviously knows what he is looking at. It would be great if he could bring the better parts of his game to the fore, and with consistency. He sounds like the right type of player in our system that, if playing to his strengths, would benefit us. We can't afford yet another passenger though can we!

No more absolute pap signings Everton, please I'm begging you!

I've just spent 20 mins reading one of the Southampton forums regarding this guy. The general consensus seemed to be that they're glad to get shut of him, at a tremendous price, in the final year of his contract! Common issues are his lack of consistency, goes missing frequently, and loses the ball a lot! In a nutshell, he has concentration issues!

When he is playing well he can influence games positively and demonstrates midfield leadership qualities. Good in the tackle and capable of playing defense-splitting passes Pierre can flourish in a 4-4-2 system. Unfortunately, he has had long spells of mediocrity that has frustrated fans so much that a lot of them just want rid!

Is this guy ends up here rather than Spurs, his preferred destination by the way, is this going to be yet another dreadful signing? More so than ever in our history, we are crying out for quality to give us forward momentum. Carlo obviously likes this guy and with his peerless credentials as a manager, he obviously knows what he is looking at. It would be great if he could bring the better parts of his game to the fore, and with consistency. He sounds like the right type of player in our system that, if playing to his strengths, would benefit us. We can't afford yet another passenger though can we!

Its why im not that fussed if we miss out on him - dont get me wrong im happy if he comes but he's hardly getting rave reviews (although I have seen a saints fan on social media claim they bad mouth all their players who leave including Mane) so you cant take everything they say without a pinch of salt.

Either way we need 2 CM players if we are to continue with 442 as Gomes can not play in a midfield 2 and is best as a rotation option.

Hojberg & Allan would make sense but we'll see. Think this will drag on a few more weeks like the Gabriel transfer.

....makes me wonder why Southampton made him skipper at such an age and why he was the youngest ever Bundesliga debutant in Bayern Munich’s history. Mourinho seems to rate him as well as Ancelotti.

it’s a tough one isn’t it , being candid I know almost nothing about him as his not somebody I’ve really noticed on the pitch . Given The way in which he’s engineered his move though the reaction you mention seems fairly Standard from football fans really . Im not saying there isn’t any truth in it but they’re unlikely to be talking him up , talking him down certainly seems more likely .

....makes me wonder why Southampton made him skipper at such an age and why he was the youngest ever Bundesliga debutant in Bayern Munich’s history. Mourinho seems to rate him as well as Ancelotti.
It’s almost like these football heavyweights think they know more than some lads on a Southampton forum?

If they're anything like me judging a player I wouldn’t take too much notice.
I laughed at the RS when they bought Suarez. He turned out ok.

If Carlo wants him I’d be delighted if we got him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back