Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad signing. He has the speed of Sigurdsson but none of the goal scoring ability. And if the price is the reported 25 million it is a disaster signing in the making. The Saints fans don't seem to be bothered either.

An article with some good analysis including the use of numbers which may scare some people off. Don't take notice of the complete certainty that he will he a Spurs player as they don't know anything on that front.

Anyway for the tl:dr crowd he's quite good and probably versatile enough to play different roles in the midfield.

this is good for me. Don’t want to spend big money on players with “superstar” “potential” ot “pedigree” like Sig or Iwobi. A solid performer who keeps possession, passes decently, and defends competently is a player worth having without being a sexy name. Some of the sides above us this season have rosters of guys like that

Not enough to take us higher but a useful and important piece IMO

He is alot slower than Davies according to the FIFA stats for what's its worth (and that's my view also having seen them both playing...)
Mate fifa has Jarrad at 49 rating. We know the clown at EA are clueless. I think he would give that cover we need to allow some creativity going forward

I have never heard anyone say anything amazing about him since he’s been in the prem.

no one

fbang average

file under anonymous

file under ‘who is he’

file under ‘remember that time he... oh wait’

25 mil as well

we have learnt nothing

southampton fans can’t believe their luck

imagine if we sold Tom Davies for 25 mil
There are certainly good players who don't stand out. I couldn't have told you who Gueye was before we signed him. Hell I didn't even realize Kante was the one carrying Leicester to the title until like April of that year. Midfield isn't always about being flashy. I bet a lot of people would be shocked to know how highly we rate Gareth Barry.

There are certainly good players who don't stand out. I couldn't have told you who Gueye was before we signed him. Hell I didn't even realize Kante was the one carrying Leicester to the title until like April of that year. Midfield isn't always about being flashy. I bet a lot of people would be shocked to know how highly we rate Gareth Barry.
I would hope best case he is like Barry, what a great player her was for us. That would be the ideal situation and what I see the thought process behind his signing might be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back