Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been on this forum for Martinez, Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce and Silva signings. I think Don Carlo is a bit better than them numptys
But they should all know more than me shouldn't they? They're pro football coaches and I'm not. Koeman especially was one that everyone was convinced could spot a player because of his playing career. I have no issue with Hojbjerg, I just find the argument annoying in general. Basically if we just trust that the manager knows what he's doing then there's no point in having the forum is there. No point in saying Cuco Martina's rubbish because you can just shut it down with 'well he's a professional footballer and you're not'.

I would question any player who had Everton at the top of their list of clubs they’d like to play for personally.
It depends on what you see when you look at Everton.
You could say that it is a team playing poorly that can't go higher than eleventh this season or lower than twelfth.

Or, you can see a club with plans to build a new stadium where a player like Hojberg would be at his prime when it opens... all going well.
You can see an owner who has backed his managers in the transfer market and certainly has ambitions for the club.
You can see the appointment of an elite manager when the media scoffed at any chance of it happening.
You can look at a core of good players who can get good results but not often enough but you are looking at a very good core which needs to be added to but not replaced.

Players cost what they cost.

I know how dangerous it is, but if he costs 27m and he wants 100k a week, you pay it, whats the alternative? Move on to a "lesser" player? Not for me.

You move onto a better and cheaper player and stop getting dry bummed by PL clubs.

I'm with Nymz here I'm afraid G-Dizzle

Surely if Brands is the super scout superstar he puports to be he can have a player just as good lined up who we won't have to pay as much due to the premium you pay for players already playing in England?

But they should all know more than me shouldn't they? They're pro football coaches and I'm not. Koeman especially was one that everyone was convinced could spot a player because of his playing career. I have no issue with Hojbjerg, I just find the argument annoying in general. Basically if we just trust that the manager knows what he's doing then there's no point in having the forum is there. No point in saying Cuco Martina's rubbish because you can just shut it down with 'well he's a professional footballer and you're not'.
Somebody has to make a decision, if it isn't the manager and Brands, then who?
All transfers carry an element of risk unless you can pay huge money for the top of the range player.
I don't think we can afford to sign four or five players at 60m each.

You move onto a better and cheaper player and stop getting dry bummed by PL clubs.
I'm with Nymz here I'm afraid G-Dizzle

Surely if Brands is the super scout superstar he puports to be he can have a player just as good lined up who we won't have to pay as much due to the premium you pay for players already playing in England?

I suspect Carlo is driving this 1.

Thats not to absolve Brands of blame.

But its a risk buying players from other leagues, for every Bruno there are 10 Kietas and Nmboleleoes.

Somebody has to make a decision, if it isn't the manager and Brands, then who?
All transfers carry an element of risk unless you can pay huge money for the top of the range player.
I don't think we can afford to sign four or five players at 60m each.
No i think you're misunderstanding me. Obviously i'm not suggesting the club come to me to ask what I think of a potential new signing. That's the point really, that what we say on here won't make a blind bit of difference. The club will sign who they want to sign, whether I think someone is a future ballon d'or winner or likely to be on loan at Tranmere in 2 years isn't going to bother them. It's just the 'I think Ancelotti/Brands/Koeman/Walsh delete as applicable know better than you hahaha' thing that grates a bit. Of course they do in the main, but we're just giving our opinions aren't we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back