Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they would pay the money if the player wants the move, you don’t sign a player who didn’t wanna come
I don't agree. Spurs have a price they will pay and if its not what Southampton want they won't sell for that.
Where has he said he does not want to come. The rumours are he would prefer spurs. Which is fair enough. But not everyone gets what they want.

Tell his agent that his weekly wage offer drops 2K every day he doesn't sign starting Friday. If he doesn't want to be here, then tell him to hit the bricks and go find someone else that does. Players with that attitude NEVER work out here.

He's a decent player, who would improve out MF and provide us with grit and stability we lack, but he's not worth wasting a window over.

But having a list is the whole point

You can't just have tunnel vision on one player, because if you do then you're knackered if it doesn't happen

A prudent DoF and Manager will have alternatives in mind, and I'm willing to bet Brands and Ancelotti are no different

Talk of walking away is a little premature, everything suggests he ends up at Spurs.

We 100% have alternatives.

If that's your formula for real success then we won't be successful anytime soon. It's easy to buy players that 'do a job' but at this level you need most the first team players who can do a job and also conjure something special when you need it. Every Man C and Liverpool players have that in their locker and are not reliant on a few who can.
Liverpools midfield isn't special? Just grafters?

Of course, but I also think Ancelotti will understand if it starts dragging and we need to move on to other targets

So long as we've done everything right at our end I think he'll understand. Sometimes you can do everything you're supposed to do but the player won't come regardless. I'd be shocked if Ancelotti got annoyed at Brands or the club if we jacked it in after a certain point with Hojbjerg

Definitely, and thankfully. I was really disappointed with brands and that farce over zouma, I'm not going to blame silva for not speaking up because that's not part of his job. Thankfully carlo will be more ruthless in his demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back