Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the club needs a reasonable cut off point where they say "If he's not signed by this date then we look elsewhere"

In the meantime I would expect Brands to have alternatives lined up that he can present to Ancelotti. I'm sure Ancelotti won't want this dragging on either

Brands and Ancelotti should sit down and agree at what stage they will walk away and then have a couple of other names that they can go for

If Hojbjerg finds out about it then all the better, as it will show him we are willing to walk away if he dilly-dally's for too long

If this is all true(assuming it is but its probably all jarg rumours), we are bidding against ourselves, again. For a player with 1 year left on his contract they are going to spend 25m on?? I don't understand what the thought process is on this. Like said by others repeatedly, we've not learned anything whatsoever if this is true.
I can only think / hope that if we're paying an inflated price that Southampton will return the favour and buy one of ours for an inflated price to get around FFP??

I really think the club needs a reasonable cut off point where they say "If he's not signed by this date then we look elsewhere"

In the meantime I would expect Brands to have alternatives lined up that he can present to Ancelotti. I'm sure Ancelotti won't want this dragging on either

Brands and Ancelotti should sit down and agree at what stage they will walk away and then have a couple of other names that they can go for

If Hojbjerg finds out about it then all the better, as it will show him we are willing to walk away if he dilly-dally's for too long

Reckon players like mckennie are alternative options, but carlo has worked a bit with hojbjerg and knows he's what he wants so has asked to prioritise him.

It depends on what you see when you look at Everton.
You could say that it is a team playing poorly that can't go higher than eleventh this season or lower than twelfth.

Or, you can see a club with plans to build a new stadium where a player like Hojberg would be at his prime when it opens... all going well.
You can see an owner who has backed his managers in the transfer market and certainly has ambitions for the club.
You can see the appointment of an elite manager when the media scoffed at any chance of it happening.
You can look at a core of good players who can get good results but not often enough but you are looking at a very good core which needs to be added to but not replaced.

TBH, as players careers are quite short I don't think most players will look a lot of years ahead and as Everton probably ain't going to be playing in the new stadium for at least 3 years and it wont be much of a selling point to him at this stage?

Last edited:
Doesnt want to play for Everton check. 1 year left on his contract check.
Everton premium being charged as per check.

I don't like this deal so far. We've supposedly upped our bid so far three times with no competition, we've created our own bidding war similar to Sigurdsson.

We got 15million for an English premium player with a similar contract situation. Spurs are just sitting back waiting to pounce for what should be a bargain price for a decent little midfielder.

We wanted Zaha, the alternative to Zaha was Iwobi.
We wanted Zouma, the alternative to Zouma was Rojo.

Lets not go down lists again please.

Reckon players like mckennie are alternative options, but carlo has worked a bit with hojbjerg and knows he's what he wants so has asked to prioritise him.

Of course, but I also think Ancelotti will understand if it starts dragging and we need to move on to other targets

So long as we've done everything right at our end I think he'll understand. Sometimes you can do everything you're supposed to do but the player won't come regardless. I'd be shocked if Ancelotti got annoyed at Brands or the club if we jacked it in after a certain point with Hojbjerg

I don't like this deal so far. We've supposedly upped our bid so far three times with no competition, we've created our own bidding war similar to Sigurdsson.

We got 15million for an English premium player with a similar contract situation. Spurs are just sitting back waiting to pounce for what should be a bargain price for a decent little midfielder.

6 months not 1 year.

So far, according to PROPER sources we have made 1 bid at 14m.

Dont believe everything you read mate.

We wanted Zaha, the alternative to Zaha was Iwobi.
We wanted Zouma, the alternative to Zouma was Rojo.

Lets not go down lists again please.

But having a list is the whole point

You can't just have tunnel vision on one player, because if you do then you're knackered if it doesn't happen

A prudent DoF and Manager will have alternatives in mind, and I'm willing to bet Brands and Ancelotti are no different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back